12/19/08 12:36 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I agree with what Kevin is trying to do.Test the waters,see if the interest is there before wasting everyone's time.And doing it as early as possible,
It's is very easy to dis-miss someones idea with out the back-up information,facts and antisipated projection of results.Try and get a business loan with only an idea,you won't get past the hi and hand shake followed by the sorrow we can't help you.With out the initial beginning steps which Kevin has instituted the whole idea might as well be like a fart in the wind.If Charlie doesn't want our help,we are all just a phone call away.
I'am commited to the Blankenships and their efforts to keep the CC events alive.

Well said BG.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168761
12/19/08 12:43 PM
12/19/08 12:43 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

will there be a NSS class for Pro Stock also

Why don't you start an "official" poll j/k having some fun here

Seriously now. There is alot of great ppl and feedback on here. I personally use Moparts as a learning tool, as well as great publicity for the matchrace tour 2009.

Be it good or bad.......Feedback, & publicity is still GOOD STUFF. Getting everyones opinion or ideas is to me
very,very,valuable no matter what your trying to do. Didn't someone say that 2 heads are better than one??

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168762
12/19/08 01:12 PM
12/19/08 01:12 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
I think we should start over again.First a big group hug followed by Steve 1118 leading us in a Christmas version of Kumbaya,then a poll as to what type of classes,races,match races,exhibition cars that mopar enthusiast want to see at the CC Events and how viable these suggestions would be to insuring the success of the series.We can then present the perposal to the Blankenships along with a commitment of financial sponsership from any Mopar Businesses that want to support any of the particular class or race.Some of us can do the leg work for the Blankenships(secure the financial sponsers)I think if we go about this in a well thoughout process and present the results,It would be appreciated by the Blankenships.The lip service and personal agendas have to be set aside and some positive action has to take place.I'll be the first to jump in and commit to contributing to any cost of any professional SS or Pro-stock 60s and 70s period match race at PRP,Columbus,Norwalk and even at Beaver Creek if Charlie decides to take an event there.This is above anything that I already do for the CCs.Last year BigDog and I put up our own money to have a race of champions for the winners at Columbus to race the winners of PRP.It was much appreciated by the racers.These are the things that help the CCs.Kevin start the poll over and let's see if we have any one serious out there or just a lot of talk.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168763
12/19/08 01:18 PM
12/19/08 01:18 PM
michigan
64ssmax Offline
enthusiast
64ssmax  Offline
enthusiast

michigan
I really do not care who I race against in max/wedge. Let the 65 cars in, as long as CC events can get the car count to stay afloat they need to take steps to do so. We are running an index so it just does not matter. It only matters if you only want to race against max wedge cars. As far as racing against brand X thats cool to. At the end of the day its just a bracket race and all I want to do is race.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: 64ssmax] #168764
12/19/08 01:27 PM
12/19/08 01:27 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

I really do not care who I race against in max/wedge. Let the 65 cars in, as long as CC events can get the car count to stay afloat they need to take steps to do so. We are running an index so it just does not matter. It only matters if you only want to race against max wedge cars. As far as racing against brand X thats cool to. At the end of the day its just a bracket race and all I want to do is race.

You won't get any argument from me,if it looks period correct let it run.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168765
12/19/08 03:37 PM
12/19/08 03:37 PM
Speedway Indiana
G
genuinerocker Offline
genuinerocker  Offline
G

Speedway Indiana
Quote:

Quote:

I agree with what Kevin is trying to do.Test the waters,see if the interest is there before wasting everyone's time.And doing it as early as possible,
It's is very easy to dis-miss someones idea with out the back-up information,facts and antisipated projection of results.Try and get a business loan with only an idea,you won't get past the hi and hand shake followed by the sorrow we can't help you.With out the initial beginning steps which Kevin has instituted the whole idea might as well be like a fart in the wind.If Charlie doesn't want our help,we are all just a phone call away.
I'am commited to the Blankenships and their efforts to keep the CC events alive.

Well said BG.

Don't you think you should find out from CC Events first if they have any interest to do a NSS Class before you get on here and start a poll?

After all what if they are not interested? Then look at all the time you have wasted and pots you have stirred up............

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: genuinerocker] #168766
12/19/08 03:49 PM
12/19/08 03:49 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well said BG.

Don't you think you should find out from CC Events first if they have any interest to do a NSS Class before you get on here and start a poll?

After all what if they are not interested? Then look at all the time you have wasted and pots you have stirred up............

#1 reason.(taken from another thread.)I have been trying to reach Charlie about his thoughts of adapting the NSS rules that seem to be the standard for all the other NSS circuits..I run large cubic inch motors in my cars and intend on running sheet metal intakes on them..This is legal for cars running quicker than 9.25 which is A/FX, there is also a AA/FX-9.00 and AAA/FX-8.75 class...C.C. rules now say No sheet metal intakes... I hate to wait until the Febuary swap meet/show to see him....

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: genuinerocker] #168767
12/19/08 03:52 PM
12/19/08 03:52 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

#2 reason. Also from another thread.

I just emailed Charlie about this same subject last week. I asked him to possibly put a post on here or on his website of those who would be interested in running under current NSS rules on Doug Duell's website. NSCA leaving left a lot of guys in the midwest with no other choice for NSS unless they travel to NMCA races. This would fill the void in car counts and still be able to open it up to the brand x cars of the era. Doug had 77 NSS cars in St. Louis at the Monster Mopar. I am sure that a lot of the max wedge and hemi guys could cross over if it could be scheduled appropriately. I really think there is a lot of guys that don't fit the rules for max wedge or hemi class that would like to race in this class.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: genuinerocker] #168768
12/19/08 04:02 PM
12/19/08 04:02 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

#3 reason is:

Since Charlie took such a huge beating in 2008, I would think that ANYTHING to keep the series alive and running would be greatly appreciated by the people at CC Events.

I have spoken to Chris on a few occasions over the past few weeks. I informed her that a discussion was going on(MOPARTS) about NNS class.
I personally haven't heard a word from Charlie or Eddie even after 2-3 voicemails. I am not sure why this thread seems to bother you so much.
But at any rate, I just did what I thought would be a good idea to get some "honest" feedback from people who pay to attend, and race at the CC Events.

And as listed above there are several other people who have tried to reach Charlie, or CC Events about this. I am just collecting information to fwd to Charlie or CC Events about what hisCUSTOMERS are asking him to think about.

Last edited by Kev_73_Missile; 12/19/08 04:05 PM.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168769
12/19/08 04:19 PM
12/19/08 04:19 PM
Chi-Town
PlumCrazyCharger Offline
pro stock
PlumCrazyCharger  Offline
pro stock

Chi-Town
I say drop these classes all together and bring in the Promods!

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168770
12/19/08 04:20 PM
12/19/08 04:20 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well said BG.

#1 reason.(taken from another thread.)I have been trying to reach Charlie about his thoughts of adapting the NSS rules that seem to be the standard for all the other NSS circuits..I run large cubic inch motors in my cars and intend on running sheet metal intakes on them..This is legal for cars running quicker than 9.25 which is A/FX, there is also a AA/FX-9.00 and AAA/FX-8.75 class...C.C. rules now say No sheet metal intakes... I hate to wait until the Febuary swap meet/show to see him....

We are all friends here,no one should demean anyone for trying to help.We get some good info and some bad.It's good to be able to wade through and find if the interest or probability and the statistics warrant the effort before wasting Charlie's time and energy.It is still ultimately Charlie's decision.Ideas not expounded on and reaserched for viability and presented for consideration are only thoughts,thoughts with out any action never accomplishes anything.Who is being hurt by asking questions(no one).Who will be hurt if we don't ask question(everyone).As long as those involved stay positive,I think it's a win/win situation for everyone. Paul,you have been a major part of promoting and supporting the CC for as long as I can remember.We have exchanged many good times together.I sence that you are upset about something.If it's something I have said or done I apologize.As always you can call me and we can clear up any mis-understanding.Respectfully Bob

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: PlumCrazyCharger] #168771
12/19/08 04:30 PM
12/19/08 04:30 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I say drop these classes all together and bring in the Promods!

and the Wheelstanders, and Jet cars too.?

Whatever pays the bills and draws a crowd I say.
The more the merrier.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168772
12/19/08 04:49 PM
12/19/08 04:49 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Again, My thoughts on this were only a suggestion.
Any business can improve by listening to it's customers or see ways to make it more attractive to a larger crowd...Right???

4889235-savoy006.jpg (33 downloads)
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168773
12/19/08 04:55 PM
12/19/08 04:55 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Any business can improve by listening to it's customers or see ways to make it more attractive to a larger crowd...Right???

Without listening to customers MOST business' will FAIL.

Post deleted by Defbob #168774
12/19/08 05:08 PM
12/19/08 05:08 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168775
12/19/08 07:55 PM
12/19/08 07:55 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

BG beware of Pittsburg. You may not be in any condition to race

Are you threaten me,my little gumba?

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168776
12/19/08 08:03 PM
12/19/08 08:03 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

BG beware of Pittsburg. You may not be in any condition to race

Are you threaten me,my little gumba?

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168777
12/19/08 08:04 PM
12/19/08 08:04 PM
SW pa
G
goldenlancer Offline
mopar
goldenlancer  Offline
mopar
G

SW pa
Gee: he didn't spell Pittsburgh right he left out the H .

N/SS
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: goldenlancer] #168778
12/19/08 08:45 PM
12/19/08 08:45 PM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.

Can someone explain again what is being proposed? I don't see it on this thred.
Is this only for Max Wedge or does this include Hemi S/S also. Are you proposing replacing the current format (both Sat and Sun) or are you talking about just doing one day? Are we talking bracket racing or heads up class racing???

Thanks,

Kevin Davis
Endangered Species Racing

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: KD800X] #168779
12/19/08 09:21 PM
12/19/08 09:21 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Can someone explain again what is being proposed? I don't see it on this thread.
Is this only for Max Wedge or does this include Hemi S/S also. Are you proposing replacing the current format (both Sat and Sun) or are you talking about just doing one day? Are we talking bracket racing or heads up class racing?

Nothing being proposed. Just bouncing ideas on if a NSS class (under the rules posted), would be beneficial in any capacity to the racers or to CC Events. We're just a bunch of bored racers(winter months) trying to solve the problems of the world in one BIG SWOOOSH.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11