07/17/14 06:53 PM
07/17/14 06:53 PM
Speedway In.
I
IndyDave Offline OP
IndyDave  Offline OP
I

Speedway In.
TOPEKA, Kan. (July 17, 2014) - Sports Car Club of America and Speedway Motors, Inc., of Lincoln, Nebraska are teaming up to present The Speedway Motors Classic American Muscle Invitational Challenge. The Invitational will bring the best muscle cars, across all platforms, and drivers to the Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo Finale, Aug. 30-31, at the Lincoln Airpark in Lincoln, Nebraska.

The ProSolo format combines elements of autocross and drag racing. Competitors, staged side-by-side, will face a drag racing-style Christmas tree start before entering mirror image autocross courses. This provides the unique opportunity to put autocross, drag racing and hot rods on the same stage at the same time.

The invite list will be a who’s who of hot rod Soloists from across the country, battling for prizes from Speedway Motors. The competition will take place Sunday afternoon between the class competition and Challenge rounds of the ProSolo event. After familiarization runs on the course, drivers will be placed into a bracket and compete through elimination rounds until only one remains as the Top Eliminator.

“When I first began to autocross part of the excitement for me was seeing not only the classic British sports cars, but also the great muscle cars of the day battling it out on the same course,” Howard Duncan, SCCA VP, Rally/Solo, said. “The Speedway Motors Classic American Muscle Class Invitational Challenge, along with the running of the CAM class at the Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championships, will once again bring back that excitement as the improved versions of these traditional muscle cars show their capabilities on the same courses used by the current crop of sports cars and sport coupes. It should be a great show!”

In addition, these drivers will be invited to participate in the inaugural running of the CAM class at the Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championship event, held later in the week at the same location. CAM class runs will come on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 2-3. The event is the world’s largest motorsports competition, featuring more than 1,100 drivers in competition over four days.

SCCA CAM class rules will be utilized for each event. Invitations will be sent to drivers that have shown the potential for high-level competition through a variety of events across the country. The invitations and RSVPs will be organized by SCCA’s Raleigh Boreen and are expected to be sent in early August.

For more information or to request an invite, contact Raleigh at rvboreen@gmail.com .

More information on the Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championships and ProSolo Finale can be found at SCCA.com/Solo.

CAM Invitational

Dave Dusterberg
1979 Aspen R/T (soon to be #19 CAM/T)
2002 Ram 1500 SLT
2005 Magnum R/T
2005 Mustang GT SCCA CAM/C #19
Re: SCCA CAM Invitational to be held during Pro Solo Finale [Re: IndyDave] #1647602
07/17/14 06:57 PM
07/17/14 06:57 PM
On The Boat, On The Lake, Wa. ...
amxautox Offline
Still Retired. Still Posting on Moparts. A Lot.
amxautox  Offline

Pro Solo is loads of fun, side by side racing against the opponent, and against the clock and against the xmas tree. You can see the other car 'over there' and try your hardest to beat him and still make a clean run. And yes you can get a red light on the xmas tree, been there, done that. lol

Tom

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

Re: SCCA CAM Invitational to be held during Pro Solo Finale [Re: amxautox] #1647603
07/17/14 07:32 PM
07/17/14 07:32 PM
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
Quote:

Pro Solo is loads of fun, side by side racing against the opponent, and against the clock and against the xmas tree. You can see the other car 'over there' and try your hardest to beat him and still make a clean run. And yes you can get a red light on the xmas tree, been there, done that. lol

Does Boeing still have their events over in Kent?

Re: SCCA CAM Invitational to be held during Pro Solo Finale [Re: dart4forte] #1647604
07/17/14 07:37 PM
07/17/14 07:37 PM
amxautox Offline
amxautox  Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Does Boeing still have their events over in Kent?

Nope, they sold that property. The events are at the old airport/drag strip in Bremerton.

Tom

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

Re: SCCA CAM Invitational to be held during Pro Solo Finale [Re: amxautox] #1647605
07/19/14 12:32 AM
07/19/14 12:32 AM
Speedway In.
I
IndyDave Offline OP
IndyDave  Offline OP
I

Speedway In.
Rules for the Speedway Motors CAM Invitational

Rules for the 2014 CAMClass Invitational Challenge

Date: Sunday,August 31st, 2014

All Drivers in the CCIC cannotparticipate in the SCCA Pro-Solo Finale in Lincoln, NE.
All Drivers must wear an approved helmet
All cars must use 200 tread weartires or higher
All cars must be street legal,licensed and insured.
All cars must have a finishedinterior and seating for a minimum of two people.
All cars must pass a tech inspection
Cars will be broken into two classes:
o CAM –T (Traditional):
§ Gen 1-3 Mustang, Gen 1 & 2Camaro/Firebird, Gen 1-3 Barracuda/Challenger, plus similar generationcoupes/sedans going back to 1959

o CAM –S (Sports):
§ C1-3 Corvettes, Cobras, 2 seaterAMX’s, Hot Rods
o For the CCIC we will have one class if we do not have enough entrants tohave two classes. We will separate thetypes of cars by dial-ins if we have one class.

2014 SoloNationals
CAM Class Competition: Tuesday & Wednesday9/2-3/2014
SCCA Nationals CAM SupplementalClasses:
o CAM - T, CAM – S, CAM – C
o CAM – C will be a “test the waters” class to see if there is a need ordesire to have a class for contemporary Muscle cars. The CAM – C (Contemporary)will include allcoupe/sedans and pony cars newer than CAM - T, plus C4 Corvettes (C5-7 Corvettes not eligible)

Dave Dusterberg
1979 Aspen R/T (soon to be #19 CAM/T)
2002 Ram 1500 SLT
2005 Magnum R/T
2005 Mustang GT SCCA CAM/C #19