07/15/14 10:42 PM
Smyrna, South Carolina
STEFF Offline
master
STEFF  Offline
master

Smyrna, South Carolina
Quote:

I find it hard to believe that every aftermarket block, head etc... made by a third party, for any brand, is violating a patent. If that was the case, alot of people are breaking the law. Maybe they may pay a licencing fee if they mention the original Company name in their part description. But other than that..... I guess I need to find out, as I developed a Camshaft Belt Drive for the Gen 3 Hemi, that I'm real close to putting on the market.

For your block or earlier ones?

VVT model is on my motor as we speak and its performing flawlessly. Once finished testing, Pre-VVT model will follow.

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: 1Fast340] #1644126
07/19/14 08:14 PM
07/19/14 08:14 PM
IL
knyech1 Offline
mopar
knyech1  Offline
mopar

IL
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Here's my answer They are in the buisness aren't they & own the rights & pick the vendors to make what they own ?
I already have a career this is just a hobby that cost me 100.000 grand in the last 3 yrs.
And can i ask what kind of motor are you running ? Is it a race car or cruiser with a stock block ? If you were in OUR shoes and looking to go fast i believe you might feel differently.
Ps while the new Gen hemi is cool to try and compete with 23* or 20* on power adders i think would be difficult and i dont wanna be a ginny pig to see how mucb spray it can take.

Just because Mopar made something at one time doesn't mean they have to continue making it. Maybe the demand is just not there anymore to justify it.

As for what I have, I have a street/strip car with a Gen 3 Hemi. Been there and done that with a full blown race car......No more for me. Seems to me you need to take a good look at your program and if the parts aren't available, move on to what is.

So I should move on from small block mopars? No more race sbms, so what should I put in? Can't go gen 3 hemi no race blocks either. So I guess I should go small block chevy? Or maybe ford? What do you think Steff?

how much power do you intend to make? seems like the factory Gen3blocks can handle quite alot of power boosted.

I am at the 1000 hp level now so if I build another motor I would want to make more. I would want to do a factory block and be told I think it will hold up. I run nitrous so that is a little harder on parts then boost.

yep you are up there where even these strong Gen3 stockblocks might have a limited lifetime,i would use boost instead of nitrous unless you are stuck with the nitrous by some rules.
cant you find one of those Aluminum blocks?i seem to remember mopar makeing a few different styles of aluminum Gen3 blocks some time ago

There are guys out there that run a little over 1000hp on boost with the Gen3 Hemi. It's all a life statement, people are running naturally aspirated engines at 750-800hp and cracking cylinder walls. There are guys running aluminum race blocks, with Darton sleeves, running 9's and high 8's, making 25-30 runs and cracking the cylinder walls. Some of the stocker guys running the Gen3, making them hold up by taking a 6.1 or 6.4 block, and sleeving them to 5.7 bore so the cylinder walls can hold up to the load. The LS blocks are 100lb heavier and hold up to quite a bit more hp. I am selling all of my stuff from my boosted build because the parts are stupid expensive for standard production parts, and from what I have, and the price the stuff is going for, I could nearly buy an all-out race engine for the same price, which will actually hold up to much more power. For instance, a built up 6.1-based 426 will run you $19,000, netting you 585hp; a typical R5P7 however will run you half that, giving you 800-850hp reliably. The Mopar market makes absolutely no sense. Sucks that all of my buddies are running 4G63's, LS's, and 2JZ's and they are spending the same if not less than I have to in order to attain the 1/4 times, and they can drive their cars daily whereas I can't.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5