master
n20mstr  Offline
master
N

On the parachute mount
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You care to share what plate you are running?

Just an old pro two stage dominator plate, I'm just capping off one set of bars so it's a single stage plate. I'm going to start off with that and a -6 line, and take the weight break (lol 50lbs) for the single bar plate

That's the same plate I have, going to try the same and cap off one set of bars and run single stage. I don't have tune ups for using one solenoid on all the bars. Now how do I lose the weight. When you bringing yours out?

Lol I've been trying every month since may......lol
Yb nationals.....MAYBE ???

Motor is just about done , but ive got side work and a damn regular 54hour a week job, don't leave me much time at all......

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....
Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: fishy340] #1644066
07/10/14 09:53 PM
07/10/14 09:53 PM
Long Island, New York
W
W7 Duster Offline
W7 Duster  Offline
W

Long Island, New York
I went with a bryant crank on my new engine Andy. Looks like the gen 3 stuff makes power. Maybe next time.

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: 70Cuda383] #1644067
07/11/14 01:18 AM
07/11/14 01:18 AM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Ordered another block today.... Came up code NS1...... Part no longer in production. We'll see..... not holding my breath.

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: W7 Duster] #1644068
07/11/14 11:03 AM
07/11/14 11:03 AM
LONG ISLAND
fishy340 Offline OP
master
fishy340  Offline OP
master

LONG ISLAND
I hear ya Chuck but having to search wait a prey to find things like blocks,heads and cranks is a real pain in the B...s

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: n20mstr] #1644069
07/11/14 03:26 PM
07/11/14 03:26 PM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline
master
mshred  Offline
master
M

Toronto
Quote:

Should have just went big block......lol

I wish I did to be honest....At least there is more aftermarket support for them then the SB's.

Small block chrysler has little options, and its either mild or wild, no in between....which is a direct relation to the little selection of parts.

I remember Brian from IMM saying that Trick Flow was going to make a head for the SB mopar...wonder whatever happened to that?

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: mshred] #1644070
07/11/14 05:35 PM
07/11/14 05:35 PM
Smyrna, South Carolina
STEFF Offline
master
STEFF  Offline
master

Smyrna, South Carolina
While Mopar can't seem to provide product, Chevy keeps adding to the arsenal.

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/new-factory-showdown-427-copo-intake-approved/

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: STEFF] #1644071
07/11/14 06:22 PM
07/11/14 06:22 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Both Indy & B1 come out in the 80's with some nice heads and Indy a few parts to go with the heads....the same heads we still have today and most the other parts we have or from the 80's!

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: mshred] #1644072
07/11/14 06:27 PM
07/11/14 06:27 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Quote:

Quote:

I wish I did to be honest....At least there is more aftermarket support for them then the SB's.

Small block chrysler has little options, and its either mild or wild, no in between....which is a direct relation to the little selection of parts.

I remember Brian from IMM saying that Trick Flow was going to make a head for the SB mopar...wonder whatever happened to that?

I'm betting a BIG block head will be released by them way before any small block stuff.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: pittsburghracer] #1644073
07/11/14 06:42 PM
07/11/14 06:42 PM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline
master
mshred  Offline
master
M

Toronto
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm betting a BIG block head will be released by them way before any small block stuff.

Probably....if it ever even happens...having no selection is actually quite frustrating. Its nice to have choices, and with the sb's there is not much

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: pittsburghracer] #1644074
07/11/14 06:53 PM
07/11/14 06:53 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why would they release a good small block head when there are no blocks to support them?

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: mshred] #1644075
07/11/14 07:03 PM
07/11/14 07:03 PM
Ontario Canada
M
MattW Offline
master
MattW  Offline
master
M

Ontario Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Probably....if it ever even happens...having no selection is actually quite frustrating. Its nice to have choices, and with the sb's there is not much

With the above BUT!!!!!!!!!

The G3 will satisfy most need on this board. The are pushing 700 hp on a factory block
The first 5.7 head will flow 320 cnc'd, the apache will go 340 out of the box
You got the 6.4 block in almost everything from trucks to r/ts to hellcat. So availability will be good.
So IMO pick your poison.
Matt

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: MattW] #1644076
07/11/14 07:13 PM
07/11/14 07:13 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With the above BUT!!!!!!!!!

The G3 will satisfy most need on this board. The are pushing 700 hp on a factory block
The first 5.7 head will flow 320 cnc'd, the apache will go 340 out of the box
You got the 6.4 block in almost everything from trucks to r/ts to hellcat. So availability will be good.
So IMO pick your poison.
Matt

You are probably right but I have sooooo many small block engine blocks laying in my shop and I am tooooo old to start over. It is so easy and cheap to throw together a low 10 second small block now with the available parts that will run for years on regular old pump gas. I shouldn't even be playing with these darn things with an unused 572 Keith Black engine sitting on the engine stand but its been kinda fun. I love putting the smack down on big blocks every weekend.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: mshred] #1644077
07/12/14 02:13 AM
07/12/14 02:13 AM
sweden
1Fast340 Offline
master
1Fast340  Offline
master

sweden
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

yes having choices is always nice at present all we have for smallblocks are an mix of old and new
W2
W5
W7
W8
W9
W9rp
P5
P7
Indy360-1
Indy360-2
Indy360-1RP
Indybrocks
Batten
Diamond
MP Comando
MP Largeport Comando
RHS/Indy LA heads
RHS/Indy MAG heads
Brodix B1
Brodix B1MC
Edelbrock RPM
Edelbrock RPM magnum

Im sure i have missed something but i hope not since we have so few options.

Last edited by 1Fast340; 07/12/14 02:55 AM.
Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: 1Fast340] #1644078
07/12/14 02:38 AM
07/12/14 02:38 AM
bean town ....Ca
W
WHITEDART Offline
master
WHITEDART  Offline
master
W

bean town ....Ca
and dont forget the new eddy victor..i think we have seen them stop production before.. how ever with the gen3 stuff and all the p7 stuff that is been sold for next to nothing.all the guys that have been holding on to there w7/w8/w9 stuff for years are starting to sale the stuff to people that will actually use them.. and the victor head available.the demand is there..looks like we need to put some pressure on them..to bad the other block i wont say the name is such junk..

Last edited by WHITEDART; 07/12/14 11:39 AM.
Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: WHITEDART] #1644079
07/12/14 03:00 AM
07/12/14 03:00 AM
sweden
1Fast340 Offline
master
1Fast340  Offline
master

sweden
Quote:

and dont forget the new eddy victor..i think we have seen them stop production before.. how ever with the gen3 stuff and all the p7 stuff that is been sold for next to nothing.all the guys that have been holding on to there w7/w8/w9 stuff for years are starting to sale the stuff to people that will actually use them.. and the victor head available.the demand is there..look like we need to put some pressure on them..to bad the other block i wont say the name is such junk..

Thanks for the reminder i just added the P5-7 to that short list see its real hard to remember these very few options we have

Yes the Edelbrock Victor heads should be a real nice addition to this if they ever end up being available. i wonder if the delay is just from edelbrock doing there homework from the bigblock Victor heads where there where some isues finding rockerarms that worked with the different deckheights and lifterstyles.

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: 1Fast340] #1644080
07/12/14 04:16 AM
07/12/14 04:16 AM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline
master
mshred  Offline
master
M

Toronto
Quote:

Quote:

and dont forget the new eddy victor..i think we have seen them stop production before.. how ever with the gen3 stuff and all the p7 stuff that is been sold for next to nothing.all the guys that have been holding on to there w7/w8/w9 stuff for years are starting to sale the stuff to people that will actually use them.. and the victor head available.the demand is there..look like we need to put some pressure on them..to bad the other block i wont say the name is such junk..

Thanks for the reminder i just added the P5-7 to that short list see its real hard to remember these very few options we have

Yes the Edelbrock Victor heads should be a real nice addition to this if they ever end up being available. i wonder if the delay is just from edelbrock doing there homework from the bigblock Victor heads where there where some isues finding rockerarms that worked with the different deckheights and lifterstyles.

Wow, aren't you a champ there compiling a list....Now, how many on that list are a) not a twin to a magnum version b) not ridiculous to find, still produced, or actually usable when you do find them c) don't require changing to exotic or application specific parts totally unique to that head ONLY d) are not just a pre existing head ported/ modified

Sorry, but half those heads you listed are the same as one another, discontinued, exotic, not worth it (imo) to even bother running, etc....Like I said, there is no in between with the SBM- there is entry level, and there is full on race. To be quite frank, I think out of ALL those heads the majority are Mopar, and only a couple (commando, W2, W9) are even easily attainable. Many are only available second hand, or like finding a needle in a haystack. Hell, you even are mentioning Eddy Victors, yet they still really haven't even become available!

Your list means diddly s$%* to me- it actually makes me think what I said is even more true....LOL...Compared to sbc, sbf, or even bbm there are few choices imo

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: mshred] #1644081
07/12/14 05:12 AM
07/12/14 05:12 AM
sweden
1Fast340 Offline
master
1Fast340  Offline
master

sweden
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, aren't you a champ there compiling a list....Now, how many on that list are a) not a twin to a magnum version b) not ridiculous to find, still produced, or actually usable when you do find them c) don't require changing to exotic or application specific parts totally unique to that head ONLY d) are not just a pre existing head ported/ modified

Sorry, but half those heads you listed are the same as one another, discontinued, exotic, not worth it (imo) to even bother running, etc....Like I said, there is no in between with the SBM- there is entry level, and there is full on race. To be quite frank, I think out of ALL those heads the majority are Mopar, and only a couple (commando, W2, W9) are even easily attainable. Many are only available second hand, or like finding a needle in a haystack. Hell, you even are mentioning Eddy Victors, yet they still really haven't even become available!

Your list means diddly s$%* to me- it actually makes me think what I said is even more true....LOL...Compared to sbc, sbf, or even bbm there are few choices imo

You should know by know that the Ford and GM crowd wont start biotching if they have to get headers or intakes that are specific to fit when they upgrade in the cylinderhead department. and for some reason they wont start trowing fits like unciviliced 4year olds either if they end up having a need for a new set of rockerarms either.

Most times when you start building a new engine you will end up replaceing all these items anyway and the price is not all that bad considering that in most cases you end up with much better parts when buying the suporting hardware to fit the slightly more exotic heads. only the moparcrowd is complaining about these facts and thats one of the big reasons why so few new products are being developed.

come to think of it,your indyheads are among those exotic highpriced pieces so why are you complaining?

since you are such a fantastic worldchampion at this why dont YOU invent a new head that takes all stock garbage parts and makes 6565654654HP with a purple shaft and idles like a stock 318?

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: mshred] #1644082
07/12/14 05:38 AM
07/12/14 05:38 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

what range are you calling in between?

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: 1Fast340] #1644083
07/12/14 10:50 AM
07/12/14 10:50 AM
LONG ISLAND
fishy340 Offline OP
master
fishy340  Offline OP
master

LONG ISLAND
1fast340 do me a favor bro,when you call mopar for all this stuff they HAVE.
Order me two sets of W7's,two sets of W9's ( not rrw9) since they still make W9's it shouldnt be a prob right ?
I also want two 9.60 siamese 48* blocks.
Since its all avail i should hear from you in a few day's correct ?

Re: Dear Mopar corporation [Re: mshred] #1644084
07/12/14 11:18 AM
07/12/14 11:18 AM
bean town ....Ca
W
WHITEDART Offline
master
WHITEDART  Offline
master
W

bean town ....Ca

and there is the MR J head aswell. here is something to keep in mind with the other brands you are right many heads to pick from. you only need 1 or 2 heads for each power level.so if you are doing a 400hp motor stock stuff will get you there .if you are looking 650hp or less eddy rmp or the mr.j/procomp.is the one. if you want up to 750hp give indy. brodex a call. and if want more than 750hp n/a w7/w8/w9/9rp.these heads can make as much as 1000hp n/a. so we will spend a few bucks more but we all no that. the story here is about the r3 block not been made. most of the guys that need a race block are ready to spend some extra coin and looking for more than 650hp, we have more heads now than ever we just need our r3 back

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.07 at 133 at 2700lb
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5