11/29/08 05:24 AM
11/29/08 05:24 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Anyone know where you can buy some sheets of rubberized cork material to make my own gaskets? Seems all they got out there is plain cork material.

Re: Gasket material #158761
11/29/08 03:12 PM
11/29/08 03:12 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
There are literaly dozens of "ruberzied cork" materials. You darn near have to be a materials expert to find what you need. Need to know the actual rubber component, durometer, etc. The other bad thing is most companies that carry such products won't sell in small qty's. It's been a years long project to find a VERY nice gentleman to let me by a special type of fiberglass insulation by letting me tag onto thier orders. Else I was required to by a semi load at a time

I need to buy some "rubberized cork" myself to do some 68 Shelby taillight gaskets. It's not at the top of my priority list at the moment though.

What are you looking to make? How big a piece do you need? what thickness. All I have is about a dozen different 8" x 8" x 1/8" samples.

Might try Ebay. There are people selling some materials on there sometimes.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: Gasket material [Re: 71TA] #158762
12/01/08 07:05 AM
12/01/08 07:05 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Thanks, but couldn't take your stuff. Gotta make a gasket for the lid of a fuel cell. The rubber gaskets swell from the gas fumes, and eventually distort and dont' work. I'll keep searching. JAZ recommends rubberized cork. Thanks again!