sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
Quote:

Quote:

I would echo Ray's comments on the MT Drag Radial, we have used them for the past three years (one set, 295-65's, @5000 miles on them now), rain and shine, with no problems (and we've been through some pretty heavy rain a few times). I do use a little common sense and don't go fast around curves in the rain (disclaimer: your results with bigger tires and lighter cars may vary!). In 2009-2010 we used BFG Drag Radials, also with no problems in the rain (but they do not work as well on my car at the strip as the MT's). At the slower times we run in DD class it's just not worth it to do all that work!

I used to carry a spare pair of rockers when I was using Crane aluminum units, but switched over to stainless rockers and now don't carry any valvetrain spares (I've got flat tappets and thick pushrods). I figure if something like that goes really bad and puts a bunch of metal in the engine I am more inclined to call it quits rather than try to press on and cause more damage ($$$$$$).

What I carry in the trunk: Toolboxes for mechanical and electrical repairs. A spare, unmounted MT rear tire (I use the space inside for additional storage - no trailer!)and a small space saver spare (from like a late 70's Cordoba) in case we get a flat on the road. The spares are electrical and fuel parts that are not readily available at an auto supply, or something that will stop us on the road: spare MSD 6 and pickup, spare coil, plugs, cap, rotor, spare Mallory fuel pump, fuel filter elements, and carb tuning kits with extra gaskets. We use an engine driven fan and water pump so we just carry a spare belt. A few extra lug nuts, plus the lug nuts and wrench for the spare ride with the jack. Enough oil for a full change and a filter, a one gallon water jug (full), a fuel jug (usually empty), some rags and paper towel, gloves, glass cleaner, oil change pan, brake cleaner, funnels, brake fluid, 2Q ATF, a 6' -8 hose with a fitting rigged up so I can connect under the hood and pump fuel out into a jug in case somebody runs out of gas, big flashlight, a thick old rug to put on the ground and folding chairs so I can relax and wait while Doc Fox works on his 'vette on the side of the road.

Cooler, bottled water, suitcase, fire extinguisher, another flashlight, and helmet go in the back seat.

Scott

There are some good things here that I didnt think
about... I keep forgetting the little junk...thanks...
in a few days I'm gonna go through all the post and
make up a list of junk

if you need something bad enough, you can always make a post on moparts and someone will be close enough to help. BigSqueeze showed up with tuning kits for my edelbrocks the first year so I could get them better dialed in

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs
Re: Another Drag Week Question [Re: sixpackgut] #1557365
01/02/14 06:21 PM
01/02/14 06:21 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline OP
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline OP
Master

Romeo MI
if you need something bad enough, you can always make a post on moparts and someone will be close enough to help. BigSqueeze showed up with tuning kits for my edelbrocks the first year so I could get them better dialed in

Yeah I'm sure I could... but I hate being dependent
on other people... if I dont have it, I'll buy it...
if its a engine related part that I could change
while on DW I will bring it... most times its something
simple that I might have forgotten... but thats the
reason for this post... to remember the simple stuff

Re: Another Drag Week Question [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1557366
01/02/14 08:43 PM
01/02/14 08:43 PM
Indiana
S
Scott58 Offline
Scott58  Offline
S

Indiana
After reading through this I remembered a few things I left off: in the trunk, a pair of small jack stands, a couple of pieces of 2x6 cut blocks, and my "crash box" out of my pickup, which has a set of jumper cables, a tow strap, rags, gloves, a cheap rain poncho, a small flashlight, and a small "aerosol can" fire extinguisher (some of that stuff is duplicated, but I just toss the whole box in). We also keep a tiny first aid kit in the glovebox with some bandages and some aspirin and ibuprofen, along with some sunscreen.

Scott

Re: Another Drag Week Question [Re: Scott58] #1557367
01/02/14 08:57 PM
01/02/14 08:57 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline OP
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline OP
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

After reading through this I remembered a few things I left off: in the trunk, a pair of small jack stands, a couple of pieces of 2x6 cut blocks, and my "crash box" out of my pickup, which has a set of jumper cables, a tow strap, rags, gloves, a cheap rain poncho, a small flashlight, and a small "aerosol can" fire extinguisher (some of that stuff is duplicated, but I just toss the whole box in). We also keep a tiny first aid kit in the glovebox with some bandages and some aspirin and ibuprofen, along with some sunscreen.

Scott

Yeah even some of this stuff I forgot... hell I still
havent mounted the extinguisher in my car yet.. forgot
about it... I do have a first-aid kit in my big trailer
that I can move over.... all good ideas here

Re: Another Drag Week Question [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1557368
01/02/14 10:23 PM
01/02/14 10:23 PM
Mesa, Arizona
6pak2go Offline
enthusiast
6pak2go  Offline
enthusiast

Mesa, Arizona
Great post, Mr P! This one's bookmarked.

Robert R
Mesa, AZ
70 Challenger R/T 440-6 4-Sp Cruiser
67 Barracuda FB 540 4-Sp Strip/Street and Drag Week
Re: Another Drag Week Question [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1557369
01/03/14 12:20 AM
01/03/14 12:20 AM
New Lenox IL
cudadon Offline
top fuel
cudadon  Offline
top fuel

New Lenox IL
Mike did you say you ONLY have 12 trailers???
Wow you must be fun to watch do a project.
Don

7982721-5-12-07final.jpg (47 downloads)
Re: Another Drag Week Question [Re: cudadon] #1557370
01/03/14 01:06 AM
01/03/14 01:06 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline OP
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline OP
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Mike did you say you ONLY have 12 trailers???
Wow you must be fun to watch do a project.
Don

Yeah this one will bring my count back up to 12... had
13 but I sold one to a friend then I scraped one out
for the axle(that one I built about 20 years ago)...
this one I'm building now is the smallest one

Page 2 of 2 1 2