D
Dduster Offline
mopar
Dduster  Offline
mopar
D

Livermore, CA
Do You really race?

"It's the throttle stop and the electronics that ruin the class for me. The first time my 5 year old seen this class I think it took me a day to explain to him why the cars weren't going when the light turned green."

Get your kid some video games so he will wake up.

"I might run some 10.00 index races. There you got to get the car to run the number without electronic help. It's more of a heads up race. Foot brake only."

How are You going to modulate the ET in that footbrake grandma racing? No transbrakes either?? .. .too much electricity there as well? You'll probably end up with a bolt under the gas pedal or heaven forbid a T-stop you adjust airflow mechanically like the fixed index Nostalgia 'Gas' Class cars. That how they do it. Just don't let your Neanderthal pals find out you have a 'stop' on your car. I think it's the footbrake turds that are ruining drag racing.

Re: ANYone given-up on that .90 racing ? .... [Re: Dduster] #1515083
10/12/13 01:57 PM
10/12/13 01:57 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
How many on here are strictly KEYBOARD racers?? I am going to guess an overwhelming majority. Also gonna guess almost everyone on the negative side has never even tried to run any of the .90 stuff. Amazes me how many people love to bash .90 racing when most dont even understand why or what we are doing.

It just amazes me the lack of understanding yet the willingness to bash on any form of drag racing. Those of us ouot here in the west see how fragiel our sport is. If you choose to sit on the sidelines and not race we have seen what happnes. Tracks close!!! Maybe instead of constantly bashing the sport you might try getting out of your easy chair and in the shop and build a car an come racing..If not you may all get your wish and there will be NO PLACE to race. Then maybe you all will be happy, but I doubt it...

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: ANYone given-up on that .90 racing ? .... [Re: dOc …] #1515084
10/12/13 02:01 PM
10/12/13 02:01 PM
PA
moparacer Offline
master
moparacer  Offline
master

PA
Quote:

.....after watching that video link Eric posted and all those throttle-stop "games" ..... I have to ask that question ....... there is guy on here that can make perfect stuff but is "retired" ...

Yo GEEtar - test-hits huh ? - you been hangin-with those OKC Monkey OUTlaws too much ! ... and next time get all your stuff('vert-hub and motor) "certed" by that chassis guy ...

Can someone translate that?

67 Barracuda street/bracket car 11.27-119
68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
414 cid SB Dragster 7.65-174
Re: ANYone given-up on that .90 racing ? .... [Re: Dduster] #1515085
10/12/13 03:52 PM
10/12/13 03:52 PM
Mohnton, Pa
DodgeCharger Offline
master
DodgeCharger  Offline
master

Mohnton, Pa
I've raced before but never one of the index classes. In the old days they would run the number by adding weight to the car. Shift rpm and limiting the throttle linkage travel.
As far as I know the 10.00 street car classes around here don't allow electronics they get as close to the index the old way.
I said I'm sure it is fun to run the throttle stops but it doesn't seem like racing. It's more of a numbers game with the computer.

Re: ANYone given-up on that .90 racing ? .... [Re: moparacer] #1515086
10/12/13 05:45 PM
10/12/13 05:45 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc … Offline OP
The village idiot's idiot
dOc …  Offline OP

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Quote:

.....after watching that video link Eric posted and all those throttle-stop "games" ..... I have to ask that question ....... there is guy on here that can make perfect stuff but is "retired" ...

Yo GEEtar - test-hits huh ? - you been hangin-with those OKC Monkey OUTlaws too much ! ... and next time get all your stuff('vert-hub and motor) "certed" by that chassis guy ...

Can someone translate that?

Translate WHAT specifically ? ... that GEEtar wordage is an inside-joke/jab directed a guy who plays the banjo I think ..

Re: ANYone given-up on that .90 racing ? .... [Re: Quicktree] #1515087
10/12/13 05:52 PM
10/12/13 05:52 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc … Offline OP
dOc …  Offline OP

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Quote:

C B ..... Don't remember the year but it was the first year that SG was run at the Gators .... I still have the final qualifying sheet somewhere ....

Qt .... eventually I will be but only if the money is decent on the brackets. I was considering that 27T car for sst and SG but based on what I know now ...I think I will pass on that. No $$$$ in brackets ? ... I might just keep that FED I have just fit test and tune ...

not sure i understand what you are saying. if you are planning on winning money in any class forget about it.

Qt .... other than LIBspeak ... I think you have difficulty with the rest of the English language

And if I can not at least BREAK EVEN on the expenses of competition racing - big money brackets etc(other than the initial cost of the car) ...I will not do it.

Re: ANYone given-up on that .90 racing ? .... [Re: Eric] #1515088
10/12/13 05:55 PM
10/12/13 05:55 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc … Offline OP
dOc …  Offline OP

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Go get a hot dog when the .90 guys come out...I assure you we really don't care if you are watching or not..

E ....I watched that link again ... how about that Iggie car ! ...

Re: ANYone given-up on that .90 racing ? .... [Re: Al_Alguire] #1515089
10/12/13 05:56 PM
10/12/13 05:56 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc … Offline OP
dOc …  Offline OP

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

How many on here are strictly KEYBOARD racers?? I am going to guess an overwhelming majority. Also gonna guess almost everyone on the negative side has never even tried to run any of the .90 stuff. Amazes me how many people love to bash .90 racing when most dont even understand why or what we are doing.

It just amazes me the lack of understanding yet the willingness to bash on any form of drag racing. Those of us ouot here in the west see how fragiel our sport is. If you choose to sit on the sidelines and not race we have seen what happnes. Tracks close!!! Maybe instead of constantly bashing the sport you might try getting out of your easy chair and in the shop and build a car an come racing..If not you may all get your wish and there will be NO PLACE to race. Then maybe you all will be happy, but I doubt it...

Big Al ... I don't think anyone here is bashing ... at least not from me.

Re: ANYone given-up on that .90 racing ? .... [Re: SSDAcuda] #1515090
10/12/13 06:02 PM
10/12/13 06:02 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc … Offline OP
dOc …  Offline OP

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Quote:

C B ..... Don't remember the year but it was the first year that SG was run at the Gators .... I still have the final qualifying sheet somewhere ....

MF, I remeber that. Was back in '82 or '83. My buddy won the Division 1 S/G title back in '82 and he drove down to the Gators AND drove back as he didn't qualify.

I'm not going to knock it, but I really loved S/G back then. But going 9's in a door car was FAST. And the few door cars that ran S/C, 8.X back then...

MEANT to take all these in order ...sorry I missed yours ... but maybe this is the bestest of them all ....

People were IN THE STANDS for this !! .... and it was neat racing ... lots of braking and WHOOP WHOOPS in the lites .....

#1 qualifier was Bob Marshall ...9.900 ... and there were THREE of those. The bump ? ... a 91 with a 3.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3