Quote:

Thanks a bunch Wize... I checked out the metering plate conversion and they are pretty reasonable at under $50. I guess I should buy a box of jets as well. I also see that proform has a nice high flow main body for the vac secondary carb for $125. I also had a stumble off idle as the acc pump cam does not engage quick enough to give a quick squirt....... I see that they sell an assortment of pump cams as well so I guess I'll need to get them. I figure I could buy the new main body and all the accsessories to tune it for about the same price as a new manifold

There sure is alot in carb tuning and timing to know about to get your car in the best possible tune......... I also have a bung welded in the exhaust collector so I can borrow a buddies LM-1 and see where I stand...............

I think I will stick with the single plane and give it a proper tune first and see what happens...... TBF

The stumble off idle is probably because the secondaries are opening up, probably almost all the way if theyre opening with no load on the engine, so now its acting like a double pumper with one pump and the secondaries arent getting the proper A/F mixture when you first jump on it. With the carb tuned right you might decide you dont need an intake swap, if still think that you do the dual plane will certainly boost your low end.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 11/15/08 06:56 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street