Print Thread
Electronic gremlins on start-up #1484143
08/13/13 10:05 PM
08/13/13 10:05 PM
Panama City, FL
RWolf Offline OP
RWolf  Offline OP

Panama City, FL
When I start my truck, I have an intermittent problem with some of the electronics not working, i.e. the power windows, AC/Heater fan, odometer/trip meter don't function. Also, the transmission doesn't change gears properly (like AT control relay doesn't work) but it will change gears slowly at higher RPM's (1800-2000) as long as I granny it down the road nice and slow.
Oh ya, the ABS and Airbag lights come on on the dashboard too but no check-engine light(??).

At first this was a once in great while event and I would just shut off the truck for 30-secs to a minute and when I start it back up it was fine. Now it happens all the time and recently I couldn't get it to "reset" at all and had to drive home 20-miles with no open windows or AC and babying the speed to let it change gears.
Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on? I'm not even sure where to start looking...the PCM?

2000 Dodge Ram 4x2 5.9L AT
Re: Electronic gremlins on start-up [Re: RWolf] #1484144
08/13/13 10:13 PM
08/13/13 10:13 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
I think I'd start at the ignition switch.

Re: Electronic gremlins on start-up [Re: RWolf] #1484145
08/14/13 11:19 PM
08/14/13 11:19 PM
Florida
S
scratchnfotraction Offline
I Live Here
scratchnfotraction  Offline
I Live Here
S

Florida
Quote:

When I start my truck, I have an intermittent problem with some of the electronics not working, i.e. the power windows, AC/Heater fan, odometer/trip meter don't function. Also, the transmission doesn't change gears properly (like AT control relay doesn't work) but it will change gears slowly at higher RPM's (1800-2000) as long as I granny it down the road nice and slow.
Oh ya, the ABS and Airbag lights come on on the dashboard too but no check-engine light(??).

At first this was a once in great while event and I would just shut off the truck for 30-secs to a minute and when I start it back up it was fine. Now it happens all the time and recently I couldn't get it to "reset" at all and had to drive home 20-miles with no open windows or AC and babying the speed to let it change gears.
Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on? I'm not even sure where to start looking...the PCM?

what yr truck?

check all grounds

clean batt terms/cables

pull bulkhead connector apart and clean both sides of plug. make sure no burnt connections going thru bulkhead/firewall.

make sure plug at pcm is clean/tight.

ign switch like stumpy said.