08/13/13 03:26 AM
08/13/13 03:26 AM
White Creek, NY
408cuda Offline OP
mopar
408cuda  Offline OP
mopar

White Creek, NY
I'm trying to get my 67 GTX on the road and having a hard time finding a passenger front caliper for it. Most places list a rebuild service but no cores in stock. When I got the car it had a reman caliper with it but problem is it's another left side caliper. Since I can't seem to find one, at least for a realistic price I am wondering if there is anything else out there that will fit the car without much hassle? I wonder this after comparing the calipers to a reman unit I have in stock for a mid 80s ramcharger and just how close the seem to be (ram is slightly longer) I really don't want to get into a full on disc swap at this point as I am simply hoping to get a little time on the car before snow fly's around here and my free time is limited.

FWIW my current caliper is a single piston design. I know my k-frame has been swapped (has a 440 in it now) so I'm not sure if the brakes are even the right ones. When I look parts up for the car the pics I find are of a single piston caliper but is this correct for Hemi cars? Was told most non-orig items came off a 67 R/T Coronet.

Thanks for the help

Stuff I own Self promotion Things someone else said I claim as my own
Re: 67 Hemi GTX disc brake caliper interchange? [Re: 408cuda] #1483760
08/13/13 04:16 AM
08/13/13 04:16 AM
Las Vegas, NV
6bblgt Offline
I Live Here
6bblgt  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas, NV
The factory '67-'69 b-body calipers were fixed & 4-piston.
The '70-'72 slide on a pin & are single piston.
& the '73 & newer slide on the casting, also single piston.

All of the single piston are readily available, you just need to figure out what you have. Got pics and/or casting numbers?

Mopar Action disc swap article

7812351-calipers.jpg (39 downloads)
Re: 67 Hemi GTX disc brake caliper interchange? [Re: 408cuda] #1483761
08/13/13 08:06 AM
08/13/13 08:06 AM
Florida
cbusters Offline
super stock
cbusters  Offline
super stock

Florida
Quote:

I'm trying to get my 67 GTX on the road and having a hard time finding a passenger front caliper for it. Most places list a rebuild service but no cores in stock. When I got the car it had a reman caliper with it but problem is it's another left side caliper. Since I can't seem to find one, at least for a realistic price I am wondering if there is anything else out there that will fit the car without much hassle? I wonder this after comparing the calipers to a reman unit I have in stock for a mid 80s ramcharger and just how close the seem to be (ram is slightly longer) I really don't want to get into a full on disc swap at this point as I am simply hoping to get a little time on the car before snow fly's around here and my free time is limited.

FWIW my current caliper is a single piston design. I know my k-frame has been swapped (has a 440 in it now) so I'm not sure if the brakes are even the right ones. When I look parts up for the car the pics I find are of a single piston caliper but is this correct for Hemi cars? Was told most non-orig items came off a 67 R/T Coronet.

Thanks for the help

Jim Drain in Florida has some correct caliper cores, and has repoped some line brackets.

Re: 67 Hemi GTX disc brake caliper interchange? [Re: cbusters] #1483762
08/13/13 02:58 PM
08/13/13 02:58 PM
GA
roadrunninMark Offline
master
roadrunninMark  Offline
master

GA
Try Rock Auto as well. They have some pics of the calipers usually when you go through the menus for your car.

Re: 67 Hemi GTX disc brake caliper interchange? [Re: roadrunninMark] #1483763
08/15/13 04:27 AM
08/15/13 04:27 AM
White Creek, NY
408cuda Offline OP
mopar
408cuda  Offline OP
mopar

White Creek, NY
Well I got her figured out thanks to you guys and the Mopar Action article. I have that saved and forgot all about it! Turns out someone put 74-75ish B-body discs on it at some point. The rubber hose inlet is not where I'd like it but it's working for now. Not sure what spindles are on it but the calipers are the less desirable slider type and mounted towards the rear of the car. It looks like it belongs that way but the MA article suggest they should be mounted towards the front?

Not what's going to stay on the car but it's got me going for a bit, and for under $100 all around including 2 reman calipers and rubber hoses, I can't complain! My father even had an OOOLD set of quality NAPA pads in inventory too, couldn't believe that. Car stops pretty damn good I say. First time it's seen the road in quite a few years. Only got a short shakedown ride but it felt nice to have it out

Quote:

Try Rock Auto as well. They have some pics of the calipers usually when you go through the menus for your car.

Good advice. I did this and do it frequently for reference pics, part #'s, and expected price even shopping locally. Great tool and website.

Thanks again guys. Another one resurrected from a deep sleep. Can't wait to finish the HEMI and drive it as is!

7814846-hemiGTX8.jpg (38 downloads)

Stuff I own Self promotion Things someone else said I claim as my own
Re: 67 Hemi GTX disc brake caliper interchange? [Re: 408cuda] #1483764
08/15/13 09:42 PM
08/15/13 09:42 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
I'm not sure how a 67 swaybar attaches but on a 68/69 B body mounting the caliper to the front will cause an interference issue between the caliper than the end of the swaybar.