sogtx Offline OP
master
sogtx  Offline OP
master

upstate western ny
Quote:

Quote:

That would be the correct way ..

Schumaker said theyd fix anything as necessary .. quite a gentleman tech support was good ..

Arruza said 25 years not one complaint ..

Hemi kframe is $ 435 dollars difference + shipping ..

I gotta try Arruzas first ..

you built a F.A.S. T . LEGAL HEMI and you are crying over 435 bucks

sorry but thats

do it ONCE , do it RIGHT ... but that's just me

I am crying over any dollars at this point I thought I was done ..

John , You again might be right and I concur ( kind of ) but heres the reasons to do what Ive done ..

1) using arruzas mounts - he has a solid drivers side so I wont have to chain the motor

2) someone once told me that they use 440 kframes to save weight . Hes really fast.

3)I dont need a shiny k frame lying around collecting duct

4) I goofed , 435 is chumpchange , id have to buy two new Hemi motor mounts , and then figure a way to chain the block .. or buy a magnum mount or something , then risk the chance of it all not lining up again .. No Thanks.
This is a racecar ..

This FAST project put me WAY over my head ,, but Im finishing it this year .. as long as Mr Visa allows me ..

After reviewing all the above comments and correspondence - Me and my staff have decided that this way has the most integrity and is the most economical way. But I would look at any other opinions that anyone has .. Maybe theres another way ..

4807970-vrppked.JPG (155 downloads)
Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Alignmen [Re: sogtx] #147984
11/12/08 10:05 AM
11/12/08 10:05 AM
Answering the call of the wild
T
ThermoQuad Offline
top fuel
ThermoQuad  Offline
top fuel
T

Answering the call of the wild
There is a major problem with the Schumaker Mts in sogtx's project here. Let's not start that crap "they worked just fine for me so the must be something wrong with your car". Verbal garbage at best.

I have been assisting him with the finer details and there is a "visible" problem here. The problem is the schumaker mounts have geometric deficiencies. For the mentally challenged it means they do not position the engine in the stock position as advertised. Bolt in means bolt in and works as original, not cocking the engine off center and pushing it up on the driver's side.

As far as the money and the
you shoulda coulda woulda...just more hot air instead of help as expected by the peanut gallery from our favorite mopar web site
What's in your wallet???

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Align [Re: ThermoQuad] #147985
11/12/08 10:36 AM
11/12/08 10:36 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

There is a major problem with the Schumaker Mts in sogtx's project here. Let's not start that crap "they worked just fine for me so the must be something wrong with your car". Verbal garbage at best.

I have been assisting him with the finer details and there is a "visible" problem here. The problem is the schumaker mounts have geometric deficiencies. For the mentally challenged it means they do not position the engine in the stock position as advertised. Bolt in means bolt in and works as original, not cocking the engine off center and pushing it up on the driver's side.

you shoulda coulda woulda...just more hot air instead of help as expected by the peanut gallery from our favorite mopar web site
What's in your wallet???

what's in my wallet ? A REPRODUCTION K frame and the CORRECT mounts for the year car , I have a Ramcharger hood on my 69 Superbee and I want to be SURE that its not going to get broken when I close the hood .

Next STUPID question ?

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Align [Re: JohnRR] #147986
11/12/08 11:14 AM
11/12/08 11:14 AM
808CUDA Offline
top fuel
808CUDA  Offline
top fuel

I have a set of Arruzza mounts which will correct alignment if you are interested

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Align [Re: JohnRR] #147987
11/12/08 11:19 AM
11/12/08 11:19 AM
UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
N
NITROUSN Offline
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

Quote:

A REPRODUCTION K frame and the CORRECT mounts for the year car

Thats what I did. I sent my wedge K-frame to Al Debevec and he reworked it, supplied the motor mount brackets and cushions along with all the nuts and bolts etc. He does excellent work and was one of the originators on the k-frame conversion.

I watched to many threads here with Schumacher and Aruzza mount issues. They include header fitting problems, air cleaner and air grabber problems along with fan shroud and other placement issues. Not including the driveline angle.

So going with the converted k-frame was a no brainer.

Al still does then at a lesser price than what others advertise. I have his number if anyone is interested.

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Alignmen [Re: ThermoQuad] #147988
11/12/08 11:57 AM
11/12/08 11:57 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

There is a major problem with the Schumaker Mts in sogtx's project here. Let's not start that crap "they worked just fine for me

Well Tom, I put 3 (THREE) HEMI's in 3 (THREE)71 B-Bodies, 2 dodge, 1 plymouth using Schumakers motor mounts,over a 3 (THREE) year period, all 3(THREE) cars used factory air grabber hoods, and Mopar Performance repro air cleaners, and factory air boxes.......as I stated, I had no issuses with the mounts, or engine placement, or air grabber misalignments, in fact when one of the Dodges grenaded a HEMI, we dropped a 440/6 right in place,....guess what everything bolted up,...including the Keisler!......The proof is in the pudding!!!!!!!!!

In fact even hooked up 3(YES THREE!) Keisler TKO's behind them with NO ISSUSES EITHER!......another feat some people have problems with too?

Like I say at work,(when someone blames the parts/ manufacturer) and often find true...."OE" or "IE"......(operator error or installation error)

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Align [Re: NITROUSN] #147989
11/12/08 12:07 PM
11/12/08 12:07 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
I'am having issues with the repo K members (68 hemi dart)header,steering,t-bar clearence.tried two different ones,and check them against my original dart and they aren't even close.I'am going to fab my own for this project.

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Alignmen [Re: sogtx] #147990
11/12/08 12:18 PM
11/12/08 12:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stupid question maybe, but are the Schumacher mounts both the same?
And for the old NHOA Mickey Mouse mount you did have to take a corner off to mount the Hooker 5210's, I don't know if you would have to grind for stock manifolds.

Sheldon

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Alignmen #147991
11/12/08 12:22 PM
11/12/08 12:22 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Stupid question maybe, but are the Schumacher mounts both the same?
And for the old NHOA Mickey Mouse mount you did have to take a corner off to mount the Hooker 5210's, I don't know if you would have to grind for stock manifolds.

Sheldon

No matter who's mount,if it's the big spool style good luck.

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Align [Re: B G Racing] #147992
11/12/08 01:05 PM
11/12/08 01:05 PM
N
NITROUSN Offline
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

Quote:

I'am having issues with the repo K members (68 hemi dart)header,steering,t-bar clearence.tried two different ones,and check them against my original dart and they aren't even close.I'am going to fab my own for this project.

Did you have Al do yours? If not I can give you his number. He has like 8 different hemi k-frame jigs he built off original hemi k-frames.

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Align [Re: NITROUSN] #147993
11/12/08 01:17 PM
11/12/08 01:17 PM
Polson, MT
DoctorDiff Offline
master
DoctorDiff  Offline
master

Polson, MT
I also had Al build a Hemi E-body K member and motor mounts. It fits nicely with TTI headers and shaker.

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Align [Re: DoctorDiff] #147994
11/12/08 08:10 PM
11/12/08 08:10 PM
Hunt Valley, Maryland
1fastrunner Offline
top fuel
1fastrunner  Offline
top fuel

Hunt Valley, Maryland
Is it possible that 1 or both of your mounts are wrong?
Jim

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Alignmen [Re: ThermoQuad] #147995
11/12/08 11:19 PM
11/12/08 11:19 PM
upstate western ny
sogtx Offline OP
master
sogtx  Offline OP
master

upstate western ny
Quote:

What's in your wallet???

Tom = this is supposed to be a friendly thread everyone was posting their experiences ..

If The Arruzza mounts dont fit my factory manifolds then Ill take one black six speeed chally in trade for umteen thousand in stock appearing racecar

When we get back to the normal state of economy Ill do the hemi kframe ..

I am an optimist , Im sure all will work out ..

dictionary results for: optimistic

Show Spelled Pronunciation [op-tuh-mis-tik] Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. disposed to take a favorable view of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.
2. reflecting optimism: an optimistic plan.
3. of or pertaining to optimism.

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Alignmen [Re: sogtx] #147996
11/12/08 11:44 PM
11/12/08 11:44 PM
upstate western ny
sogtx Offline OP
master
sogtx  Offline OP
master

upstate western ny
Who is this On every other post ? .

–adjective
pertaining to or characterized by pessimism; gloomy: a pessimistic outlook.
Origin:
1865–70; pessimist + -ic

Last edited by sogtx; 11/12/08 11:46 PM.
Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Alignmen [Re: sogtx] #147997
11/12/08 11:53 PM
11/12/08 11:53 PM
N
NITROUSN Offline
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

Quote:

–adjective
Origin:
1865–70; pessimist + -ic

Dont know what your voodoo lingo is... Another thought is what K-frame are you using???? Has it been identified???

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Alignmen [Re: sogtx] #147998
11/12/08 11:56 PM
11/12/08 11:56 PM
upstate western ny
sogtx Offline OP
master
sogtx  Offline OP
master

upstate western ny
By the way Dayclona ,

I have corresponded with Gary and he said that there were many shims on the previous projects
That describes exactly what has happened to me and others .. I dunno what to believe .

This is Hot rodding .. not all stuff works identically if it was more women would be doing it ( sorry most women hate greasy stuff, no pun here with associated parties )

So whats the deal does Keisler or schumaker have some special deal with you does all there stuff fit sooo good..

Three cars no problems .. ? Unbeleivable ..
But hey what do I know ? Im to cheap to buy a kframe .

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Alignmen [Re: NITROUSN] #147999
11/12/08 11:58 PM
11/12/08 11:58 PM
upstate western ny
sogtx Offline OP
master
sogtx  Offline OP
master

upstate western ny
Quote:

Quote:

–adjective
Origin:
1865–70; pessimist + -ic

Dont know what your voodoo lingo is... Another thought is what K-frame are you using???? Has it been identified???

someone will figure out the voodoo lingo ..

440 super trak pak car kframe has a skid plate and a little circle thingy welded on the front of the kframe .. ( inspection tag )

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Alignmen [Re: sogtx] #148000
11/13/08 12:49 AM
11/13/08 12:49 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

By the way Dayclona ,

I have corresponded with Gary and he said that there were many shims on the previous projects
That describes exactly what has happened to me and others .. I dunno what to believe .

This is Hot rodding .. not all stuff works identically if it was more women would be doing it ( sorry most women hate greasy stuff, no pun here with associated parties )

So whats the deal does Keisler or schumaker have some special deal with you does all there stuff fit sooo good..

Three cars no problems .. ? Unbeleivable ..
But hey what do I know ? Im to cheap to buy a kframe .

Andy.......I recall only one car requiring a shim on the mount, and that was an 1/8 inch, required to pin the mount, not align the airgrabber, using a factory B/RB K-Frame......any other shiming Gary may be refering to would involve the tranny mount, or pinion angle to Phase the driveline for the Keisler install, not airgrabber alignment,........I'm the guy who built the Hemi 6pak cast aluminum manifolds,....I think I would know EXACTLY how the induction system fit the cars, and the airgrabber systems

4809812-0000a.jpg (81 downloads)
Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Align [Re: sogtx] #148001
11/13/08 10:16 AM
11/13/08 10:16 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

–adjective
Origin:
1865–70; pessimist + -ic

someone will figure out the voodoo lingo ..

440 super trak pak car kframe has a skid plate and a little circle thingy welded on the front of the kframe .. ( inspection tag )

I thought this was supposed to be a FRIENDLY question ?????

you have it incorrect , it's not a PESSIMIST , it's a REALIST .

Re: Hemi Conversion Schumaker Mounts Air grabber? Align [Re: JohnRR] #148002
11/13/08 11:29 AM
11/13/08 11:29 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
An I thought there was a tough bunch over on the race site.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3