CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Now that we all understand what we all are trying to do here,,,EXCUSE ME.

Me no Habla,Nix Verstien, I'm not sure what your trying to say Whats up BTW, I did find a ball stud at one of the local Knecht auto parts stores last week, I should have posted that, sorry for not doing it I did have to grind the stem down a little to make it work, I bought three of them so I can put the other two on different carbs to test on the car later,(you know how it goes when your in a hurry trying to swap carbs at the races, I will loose the nut or washers when I'm in a hurry between rounds ) if I don't sell it first Thanks to all on the help I got the tach hook up and working and I study the delay box instructions a liitle, maybe I'll try using it later this month. I'm taking it out this Saturday but NOT on Mothers Day, I like living with me wife the way she is

I am wanting to get my car to GO cleanly/consistently, and you are wanting to WHOA your car...different uses for same item. I used this set-up before and it worked fine. Trans brake and solenoid for air throttle controlled by the same button. You get the benefit of the accelerator pump shots, which are eliminated with a 2 step system. This time, I would not be using a delay box though.
The whole idea, is an attempt at better, more consistent reaction times.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: Air operated throttle stop brand, help. [Re: CHAPPER] #1427914
05/10/13 01:28 PM
05/10/13 01:28 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline OP
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline OP
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now that we all understand what we all are trying to do here,,,EXCUSE ME.

Me no Habla,Nix Verstien, I'm not sure what your trying to say Whats up BTW, I did find a ball stud at one of the local Knecht auto parts stores last week, I should have posted that, sorry for not doing it I did have to grind the stem down a little to make it work, I bought three of them so I can put the other two on different carbs to test on the car later,(you know how it goes when your in a hurry trying to swap carbs at the races, I will loose the nut or washers when I'm in a hurry between rounds ) if I don't sell it first Thanks to all on the help I got the tach hook up and working and I study the delay box instructions a liitle, maybe I'll try using it later this month. I'm taking it out this Saturday but NOT on Mothers Day, I like living with me wife the way she is

I am wanting to get my car to GO cleanly/consistently, and you are wanting to WHOA your car...different uses for same item. I used this set-up before and it worked fine. Trans brake and solenoid for air throttle controlled by the same button. You get the benefit of the accelerator pump shots, which are eliminated with a 2 step system. This time, I would not be using a delay box though.
The whole idea, is an attempt at better, more consistent reaction times.

Thanks for explaining

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Air operated throttle stop brand, help. [Re: CHAPPER] #1427915
05/10/13 02:42 PM
05/10/13 02:42 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Chapper is referring to using the cylinder as a starting line enhancer not as a stop. Although generally that is done through a delay box as most newer ones have that control integrated in them these days. Not sure how the rules look at starting line enhancers hooked up in conjunction to a T brake in Pro??? I coudl see where some may question that set up in pro.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Air operated throttle stop brand, help. [Re: Al_Alguire] #1427916
05/10/13 03:08 PM
05/10/13 03:08 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
Quote:

Chapper is referring to using the cylinder as a starting line enhancer not as a stop. Although generally that is done through a delay box as most newer ones have that control integrated in them these days. Not sure how the rules look at starting line enhancers hooked up in conjunction to a T brake in Pro??? I coudl see where some may question that set up in pro.

I am thinking that if they don't question the trans brake in Pro, they should not question the throttle control. The adjustable buttons that are available for the trans brake are DEADLY!! I have been foot braking in my local class that doesn't allow delay 'boxes'.They call it Modified, but is the same as most Pro classes. Last time out, my first round opponent had a .001 light with his trans brake and 2 step. SO,,,,I bought back in,,my opponent that round had a .002 light...I loaded up. I do have a brake in my transmission, but haven't been using it. I believe it's time to get a little more serious.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Page 2 of 2 1 2