340dart4spd Offline
Parts Problem
340dart4spd  Offline
Parts Problem

Quote:

90a Denso
Stock brackets
Stock heads

Only modification was to trim the stud on the back.

Just how it worked out for me on a Small Block. I would still like to get my hands on a smaller pulley for this alternator..or a larger crank pulley. We'll see, may be serpentine on a magnum block soon enough. But the charging at idle with 90w H4 lights on, stereo, electric fuel pump, and my fan pullin 25-30a...it's not quite enough at idle.

http://www.goodysgotacuda.com/DensoUpgrade.html

I would worry more about that kink in the upper radiator hose!!

Re: Denso alternator swap [Re: AndyF] #140990
12/28/08 01:55 AM
12/28/08 01:55 AM
Coram, NY
Pool Fixer Offline
master
Pool Fixer  Offline
master

Coram, NY
Quote:

Quote:

small blocks are tight with stock heads and a stock alt. I was at a friends shop and he had an cuda with a small block and eddy's. he had to shave the head to get the stock alt to fit. Denso? forget it on that one. that is a situation where you need special brackets. I think they ended going with something out of a ford. could have been a denso, don't know.

Actually the Denso 60 amp alternators fit better on a SB Mopar with Edelbrock heads than do the original type alternators. A SB with Eddy heads is a great candidate for a Denso swap.

the stock alt i saw was very very close to the eddy head on that small block. since my denso is closer to the head than my stock one was, I assumed they were fatter/deeper...my bad...i thought that most of the denso alts you see were physically the same size, but built differently inside for different amp ratings.

Page 2 of 2 1 2