goldmember Offline
master
goldmember  Offline
master
G

Gainesville,FL
Quote:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-91116-1/overview/

Follow this link to see Howard's "EDM" lifters. They don't have flats on the side, they have a hole in the lifter foot.

R.

I though this was covered,they are NOT EDM,don't believe everything you read. Call Howard's if you want to verify the truth on these.

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: goldmember] #1397111
03/06/13 07:43 PM
03/06/13 07:43 PM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
I see what Dogdays is talking about. After clicking on the link you have to click on the writing in the upper right where is says.......Howards cam direct lube flat tappet lifters. That takes you to the site that says they have a .021 hole in the face of the lifter which is EDM laser cut. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 03/06/13 07:46 PM.
Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: 383man] #1397112
03/06/13 09:44 PM
03/06/13 09:44 PM
Gainesville,FL
G
goldmember Offline
master
goldmember  Offline
master
G

Gainesville,FL
Quote:

I see what Dogdays is talking about. After clicking on the link you have to click on the writing in the upper right where is says.......Howards cam direct lube flat tappet lifters. That takes you to the site that says they have a .021 hole in the face of the lifter which is EDM laser cut. Ron

I give up!!

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: goldmember] #1397113
03/06/13 11:07 PM
03/06/13 11:07 PM
S.E.Mich
D
drew72 Offline
enthusiast
drew72  Offline
enthusiast
D

S.E.Mich
Quote:

Quote:

I give up!!

So are you saying that Howard's listing in the Summit ad is a lie? Why would they be saying that the hole is there if it isn't?

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: drew72] #1397114
03/06/13 11:21 PM
03/06/13 11:21 PM
Gainesville,FL
G
goldmember Offline
master
goldmember  Offline
master
G

Gainesville,FL
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I give up!!

So are you saying that Howard's listing in the Summit ad is a lie? Why would they be saying that the hole is there if it isn't?

I used the term misprint many posts ago,I guess it just flew right over some heads. You can check and find out if it's an EDM or NOT,easy to do. I like the guy with the hammer,I think he needs more use in this thread. Anyone find a EDM hyd lifter for a mopar,chevy,yogo yet? Now I'm really out!

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: goldmember] #1397115
03/06/13 11:59 PM
03/06/13 11:59 PM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I give up!!

I used the term misprint many posts ago,I guess it just flew right over some heads. You can check and find out if it's an EDM or NOT,easy to do. I like the guy with the hammer,I think he needs more use in this thread. Anyone find a EDM hyd lifter for a mopar,chevy,yogo yet? Now I'm really out!

Goldmember I did not read every post on this thread as I did read the part where you stated they have the flat on the sides of them. Have you actually seen one the the Howards so called EDM hydraulic lifters ? I have never used or seen them as I have only used the Comp Solid EDM lifters but it does state they have the EDM laser hole in the bottom of them which I assume is what you are saying is a missprint ? Thats why I ask if you have actually bought or seen one ? I do see the flat on the sides when I blew up the pic. No reason to get upset as I was just stating what the add said and I guess I missed your earlier post where you say that is a missprint which you may be right as thats why I ask how you know that ? Ron

Last edited by 383man; 03/07/13 12:00 AM.
Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: 383man] #1397116
03/07/13 12:59 AM
03/07/13 12:59 AM
Gainesville,FL
G
goldmember Offline
master
goldmember  Offline
master
G

Gainesville,FL
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I give up!!

Goldmember I did not read every post on this thread as I did read the part where you stated they have the flat on the sides of them. Have you actually seen one the the Howards so called EDM hydraulic lifters ? I have never used or seen them as I have only used the Comp Solid EDM lifters but it does state they have the EDM laser hole in the bottom of them which I assume is what you are saying is a missprint ? Thats why I ask if you have actually bought or seen one ? I do see the flat on the sides when I blew up the pic. No reason to get upset as I was just stating what the add said and I guess I missed your earlier post where you say that is a missprint which you may be right as thats why I ask how you know that ? Ron

I'm NOT upset,just amused by all this. Solid lifters are not the question. The lifters that have been linked as EDM hyd lifters are NOT but do increase oiling to the cam. Simple really. I guess I'm just watching a goofy train wreck and enjoying it,sort of like when folks pass a road accident and have to take a look.

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: goldmember] #1397117
03/07/13 01:19 AM
03/07/13 01:19 AM
A Banana Republic near you.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I give up!!

I'm NOT upset,just amused by all this. Solid lifters are not the question. The lifters that have been linked as EDM hyd lifters are NOT but do increase oiling to the cam. Simple really. I guess I'm just watching a goofy train wreck and enjoying it,sort of like when folks pass a road accident and have to take a look.

You must work for the current dictator , you didn't answer the question ..

Have you actually seen with your own 2 eyes the Howards hyd. lifters with the flat on the side and not a hole in the bottom as they claim on their website ?

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: goldmember] #1397118
03/07/13 01:21 AM
03/07/13 01:21 AM
SE PA
Yellow Fever Offline
super stock
Yellow Fever  Offline
super stock

SE PA
Crower part number 66031X3-16 if anyone is interested in the crowers.

http://www.crower.com/media/pdf/2008b/140-141.pdf

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: Yellow Fever] #1397119
03/07/13 01:25 AM
03/07/13 01:25 AM
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

Quote:

That is not the lifter in question but is the lifter I suggested and have used . I didn't do a comarision yet but be warned that is a AMC spec lifter also so it may require a different length pushrod , the engine I used it in had adjustable pushrods with stamped rockers .

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: JohnRR] #1397120
03/07/13 01:26 AM
03/07/13 01:26 AM
SE PA
Yellow Fever Offline
super stock
Yellow Fever  Offline
super stock

SE PA
Quote:

Quote:

That is not the lifter in question but is the lifter I suggested and have used .

No [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]!

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: Yellow Fever] #1397121
03/07/13 01:27 AM
03/07/13 01:27 AM
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is not the lifter in question but is the lifter I suggested and have used .

No [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]!

Re: Any one sell EDM Hydraulic lifters for Mopar? [Re: RapidRobert] #1397122
03/07/13 08:52 AM
03/07/13 08:52 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
Quote:

I've wondered about drilling them myself with a cobalt bit tho if it was that easy I guess there'd be no need for the EDM process

I'd like to see that tried. Years ago I tried to drill some lube passages in a solid u-joint cross with a 1/8" cobalt bit. After breaking a few bits and only getting a hole about 1/4" deep I decided it wasn't to be.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: JohnRR] #1397123
03/08/13 12:28 AM
03/08/13 12:28 AM
Gainesville,FL
G
goldmember Offline
master
goldmember  Offline
master
G

Gainesville,FL
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I give up!!

You must work for the current dictator , you didn't answer the question ..

Have you actually seen with your own 2 eyes the Howards hyd. lifters with the flat on the side and not a hole in the bottom as they claim on their website ?

WTF are you talking about? Yes I am sure the lifters that are being linked are NOT EDM! How many times do I need to repeat that??? Go order a set and report your official findings on them. I tried to save some folks some time on a stupid idea,pretty simple as I do not make any $$ for doing so. If there was a market for EDM HYD lifters I'm sure Comp or someone would have found a cheap source for the suckers that would fork out the cash for them. It's not as simple as EDMing a freakin hole in the foot to the interior. Got it yet??? I'm LOLMAO

Last edited by goldmember; 03/08/13 12:29 AM.
Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: goldmember] #1397124
03/08/13 01:58 AM
03/08/13 01:58 AM
Western Washington
Sixgun Offline
top fuel
Sixgun  Offline
top fuel

Western Washington
Relatively sure no one cares at this point, but EDM
stands for "electrical discharge machining", saw one at one of my best friends' machine shop (they later sold it),It looked kinda like a drill press but lower, and had a holder where the chuck would be, and you used a specified size electrode and amperage(?) to burn a precision hole in metal.They used it IIRC to core a few broken studs and decided it wasn't a tool they would use often.

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: Sixgun] #1397125
03/08/13 02:13 AM
03/08/13 02:13 AM
Gainesville,FL
G
goldmember Offline
master
goldmember  Offline
master
G

Gainesville,FL
Quote:

stands for "electrical discharge machining", saw one at one of my best friends' machine shop (they later sold it),It looked kinda like a drill press but lower, and had a holder where the chuck would be, and you used a specified size electrode and amperage(?) to burn a precision hole in metal.They used it IIRC to core a few broken studs and decided it wasn't a tool they would use often.

Re: Any one sell EDM Hydraulic lifters for Mopar? [Re: Sixgun] #1397126
03/08/13 02:18 AM
03/08/13 02:18 AM
Phoenix - surface of the sun
nomore65BelvJim Offline
I Live Here
nomore65BelvJim  Offline
I Live Here

Phoenix - surface of the sun
Quote:

Thank you

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: goldmember] #1397127
03/08/13 02:25 AM
03/08/13 02:25 AM
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

Quote:

WTF are you talking about? Yes I am sure the lifters that are being linked are NOT EDM! How many times do I need to repeat that??? Go order a set and report your official findings on them. I tried to save some folks some time on a stupid idea,pretty simple as I do not make any $$ for doing so. If there was a market for EDM HYD lifters I'm sure Comp or someone would have found a cheap source for the suckers that would fork out the cash for them. It's not as simple as EDMing a freakin hole in the foot to the interior. Got it yet??? I'm LOLMAO

All I have seen from you is speculation of a misprint, nothing factual, just speculation.

The Crower lifters with the flat claim a 1-2 psi drop in oil pressure , how much oil pressure do you THINK is being lost between the cam and lobe that has the oil film as the amount of clearance?

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: JohnRR] #1397128
03/08/13 02:30 AM
03/08/13 02:30 AM
Gainesville,FL
G
goldmember Offline
master
goldmember  Offline
master
G

Gainesville,FL
Quote:

Quote:

What are you talking about ? what makes you so sure , you are still not answering the question that was asked of you .

That is the way I am reading you hieroglyphics on the subject, you have NEVER actually seen, purchased or talked to anyone . All you are doing is speculating.

Comp has found a bigger money maker , they nitride the cams at a cost of $150 ...

I've done the research,now it's your turn. NO I don't need to handle one to know whats going on,but maybe you do??? Nitriding a flat tappet is silly but I shouldn't say that on the net as some are still spending the $$$. You got it yet?

Re: Goldmember - follow this link [Re: JohnRR] #1397129
03/08/13 02:38 AM
03/08/13 02:38 AM
Gainesville,FL
G
goldmember Offline
master
goldmember  Offline
master
G

Gainesville,FL
I ordered a flat tappet cam today,no nitride,no oiling lifters . 160lbs seat 20lbs boost no worries. I'll let everyone know if it goes flat Back to the hyd crap,its not worth worrying about unless you buy crap parts or just unlucky.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3