Weatherford, Texas
RapidusMaximus Offline OP
top fuel
RapidusMaximus  Offline OP
top fuel

Weatherford, Texas
Quote:

Quote:

Looks like a Snow Performance water/meth controller. Above it looks like an anti syphone solenoid which is crutial part and good insurance when using w/m. I've know more than one person who has hydro locked there engine cause they didn't have the solenoid installed.

Correct on both counts . The "Snow" system, ( besides having 3 different size nozzles to chose from ) has a programable boost referenced controller so you can adjust at what boost the water starts to come on and at what boost it is at max flow for the particular nozzle you are using. I have mine set to come on at 6 psi and max out at 15psi. Top of the line kit from "Snow" also comes with the anti syphon solinoid and low water warning system ( light ). My block is a stock (E58) 360 block from a 1979 Chrysler 300. Sonic tested at .2 or better on all thrust and antu-thrust sides @ .030 over. I got lucky there. Block is 3/4 filled ( over freeze plugs ). Went with Milodon 4 bolt mains (studed). Forged 4" crank, Eagle "H" beams, Icon blower pistons. Trying to make a stock block live at 700HP. Ended up with 8.8:1 with 60 CC chambers ( MLS .039" gaskets ). Fully ported Magnum "Iron Rams" (studed). Comp custom blower cam. Edelbrock 340 Jr, ProSystems 950 blower carb. D.U.I. ignition running at 29 degrees total ( 110 race gas ). Nothing trick. It's my first blower motor and I'm still learning on the set up. Got good help from Steve Morris engines, the SuperCharger Store ( Bob Woods ) and some guys right here on Moparts .

Thanks for the info Diz and Crizila..Ive been cruzing the supercharge stores website for a couple of weeks...nice stuff...

1968 Plymouth GTX
1974 Dodge P/U Long Bed Stepside 318
2019 Ram 2500 6.4, auto, 4WD
Re: Let's talk ProCharging [Re: dezduster] #1393632
02/27/13 12:37 AM
02/27/13 12:37 AM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline
master
mshred  Offline
master
M

Toronto
Quote:

I was thinking about this just today. Whats not to like about picking up a salvage yard 360. Whack it with boost, make 500 plus hp and when she pops, back to the salvage yard for another bullet.
I think its great,your expensive power adder is relativly safe from the carnage. Or am I missing something there?

Ain't nothing wrong with the idea! My good buddy has a foxbody mustang with a 302- stock bottom parts, factory forged pistons, good rod bolts, small cam with ootb eddy heads and a Vortech YSI blower on 14-15psi....Had some issues with the tune last year, but the car should have no problem seeing low 11's high 10's, and if he pukes his motor, its off to the local classifieds for another

Page 2 of 2 1 2