02/17/13 01:06 AM
02/17/13 01:06 AM
New Braunfels, TX
416challenger Offline OP
mopar
416challenger  Offline OP
mopar

New Braunfels, TX
Thanks guy for all the help. I am not really sure why the car was going left on the initial launches when I first tried the transbrake. Last night the car was pulling to the right on the release of the transbrake after I calmed down the front end. I am not sure if it was the track or what. The first passes were a test and tune night and this weekend is a prepped track for an 1/8 mile bracket race.

I have now lowered the launch rpm to 2500 rpms and added 2 flats on the passenger side ladder bar and it is leaving straight and only pulling the front end about 6" and carrying it.

I totaly understand not letting off the throttle under a big wheel stand, but it caught me off guard. The pass on the bumper was the the first pass with trying to raise the launch rpm as suggested to reduce the wheelstand. I am new to leaving on the transbrake, but I have been footbraking for many years. Normally when I foot brake the car it is really uneventful. I launch footbraking and the car has an electric shifter, so my hand are not on the shifter. I just hold on and go for a ride.

Re: transbrake=wheelstand "UPDATE" [Re: 416challenger] #1379344
02/17/13 02:32 AM
02/17/13 02:32 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Thanks guy for all the help. I am not really sure why the car was going left on the initial launches when I first tried the transbrake. Last night the car was pulling to the right on the release of the transbrake after I calmed down the front end. I am not sure if it was the track or what. The first passes were a test and tune night and this weekend is a prepped track for an 1/8 mile bracket race.

I have now lowered the launch rpm to 2500 rpms and added 2 flats on the passenger side ladder bar and it is leaving straight and only pulling the front end about 6" and carrying it.

I totaly understand not letting off the throttle under a big wheel stand, but it caught me off guard. The pass on the bumper was the the first pass with trying to raise the launch rpm as suggested to reduce the wheelstand. I am new to leaving on the transbrake, but I have been footbraking for many years. Normally when I foot brake the car it is really uneventful. I launch footbraking and the car has an electric shifter, so my hand are not on the shifter. I just hold on and go for a ride.

As you change the launch rpm you change the torque
applied to the rear end... that changes the amount
the rear end is trying to roll around the drive shaft...
the more torque you apply the rear loads the left
rear driving the car to the right(left rear tire
works harder).... and visa versa

Re: transbrake=wheelstand "UPDATE" [Re: Quicktree] #1379345
02/17/13 02:46 AM
02/17/13 02:46 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

what do you mean move it back?

Shorten your IC on the 4 link(shorter and lower)

heck thats the opposite of what i have been told.

If its shorter it lifts more from the rear instead
of out forward.... also run a little more air pressure
so it has a controlled slippage on the tire... that'll
give you a better 60'

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3