Print Thread
Anyone using Milodon's Billet Oil Pump? #1377523
01/28/13 12:09 PM
01/28/13 12:09 PM
Wildwood, FL
1fastabody Offline OP
1fastabody  Offline OP

Wildwood, FL
I'm looking at ordering some oil system parts for my engine and was looking at the Milodon billet oil pump. I know some of there older pumps had problems and I was wondering if this billet version fixed them. This will be a dual line setup. Thanks for the input.

Innovative Performance
Re: Anyone using Milodon's Billet Oil Pump? [Re: 1fastabody] #1377524
01/28/13 03:34 PM
01/28/13 03:34 PM
Stuttgart, Arkansas
rickseeman Online content
master
rickseeman  Online Content
master

Stuttgart, Arkansas
If you are using the dual line setup wouldn't the old pump with the inlet be better? So you wouldn't have to run the plate underneath the pump? Their new billet top is nice and it gets rid of the separate parts that can spring a leak.

2011 Drag Pak Challenger
Re: Anyone using Milodon's Billet Oil Pump? [Re: rickseeman] #1377525
01/28/13 11:34 PM
01/28/13 11:34 PM
corpus christi tex
C
Cheatham Offline
mopar
Cheatham  Offline
mopar
C

corpus christi tex
i just talked to milodon today about the same thing your asking and the guy was not very informative in other words he didnt know s-it, i asked if this pump was modified to work with the aftermarket blocks like World Prod. to enable the inlet on the World block since the other Milodon pump is known for not pulling oil from the inlet on the block, he said it should but it wasnt a for sure answere to me, i also asked if the gears were the same diameters cuz in pics the billet doesnt look as big as the other pump he said they were both same, then i asked if there were any ports on the billet pump he said i gota use additional adapter plates for the external lines, i gave up i cant stand talkn to ppl who answere with IT SHOULD WORK they need to go find somebody who can answere with knowledge

Re: Anyone using Milodon's Billet Oil Pump? [Re: Cheatham] #1377526
01/29/13 12:04 AM
01/29/13 12:04 AM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Online content
Don't question me!
Stanton  Online Content
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
Using the plates for the dual line systems was never a problem for leaks (see note). There was never an issue with suction with the spacer plate unless something wasn't tight. The only real issues were blowing the gasket at the filter adapter because it's on the pressure side and drainback, which seems to have only been a problem with the milodon pump.

Note...I had to grind one edge on the block face of my spacer plate for it to fit flat to the machined surface. I suspect it was more an issue with the factory block machining than with milodon. trial fitting things pays off!