01/10/13 05:20 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Clamp the front of the springs. The pinion snubber is just a stop and it keeps the rear pinion in line with the drive shaft. Check your pinion angle and install it where the pinion will stay aligned within no more than 3 degrees difference. One inch clearance will usually line up to be about 7 degree pinion angle. The pinion stop keeps every thing aligned- no more bent shocks. Try additional clamps on the back might help.

Control the body rise with better shocks... if you need
a snubber you should invest in better springs... PERIOD
but people always want to band-aid or look at something
thats cheaper or easier

Re: OPINIONS ASAP PLEASE!!!!!! [Re: poisondart2] #1366611
01/10/13 05:32 PM
01/10/13 05:32 PM
in a cattle trailer down by th...
G
Guitar Jones Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
Guitar Jones  Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
G

in a cattle trailer down by th...
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Brock,if I were you just starting out I would try to find a used set of 002/003 A body SS springs. Weld a chain to the pinion snubber and use it for a boat anchor when you go fishing. Get An effective but inexpensive rear shock like the Rancho 9 ways and a good set of 90/10 shocks for the front. Next,make sure the front end is loose enough to give you 4" to 5" of lift at launch. Find a set of used wheels with more backspace to get those big tires tucked in. I did some high 1.30 60 fts with a setup like this and the car was fairly consistant. At your HP level this would be an easy setup to tune and get some satisfying results. Just my

I disagree Get the Cal-Tracs It is 2013 move ahead and you should be good till you hit 7's or 6's like above.What adjustment is there in SS springs? When you go for more HP ? I had a 10 second car with SS springs but would never go back to it! Buy it one time and be done with it! The upgrade from there is a better ( adjustable ) shock

X2

Well if you truly want to buy it once and be done with it back half the car with a four link.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.
Re: OPINIONS ASAP PLEASE!!!!!! [Re: Guitar Jones] #1366612
01/10/13 06:39 PM
01/10/13 06:39 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Find you a old Mopar Direct-Connection book,what worked then still works now on leaf spring cars. I have never run the Cal-Tracks,so can't say how they worked,but did try some ladder bars on my 67 Cornet R/T made the sliders and everything.The only difference in the 2 was the ladder bars would drag loading it up on trailer.

As for front shocks,drill a small hole in each shock and let the fluid drain out,replace the lower stops on front with something similar to the rubber bumpers they used on the old slapper bars to keep the front end from coming down to far and hitting your oil pan. None of this will cost much $$$ and with the $$$ you saved can be put in a fund for a future back half up grade.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: OPINIONS ASAP PLEASE!!!!!! [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1366613
01/10/13 06:43 PM
01/10/13 06:43 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

As for front shocks,drill a small hole in each shock and let the fluid drain out

that will get somebody killed

Re: OPINIONS ASAP PLEASE!!!!!! [Re: Quicktree] #1366614
01/10/13 06:59 PM
01/10/13 06:59 PM
Phoenix,Az.
H
hemicop Offline
super stock
hemicop  Offline
super stock
H

Phoenix,Az.
The trick there is to drain ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT of fluid , then plug the shock either with a rubber plug or tap it for a bass one. This may seem like alot of work but for guys that don't want to spend 60-80 bucks per (drag) shock it's a passable modification for slower cars...........DON'T DRAIN ALL THE FLUID OUT!!

Re: OPINIONS ASAP PLEASE!!!!!! [Re: Quicktree] #1366615
01/10/13 07:01 PM
01/10/13 07:01 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

As for front shocks,drill a small hole in each shock and let the fluid drain out

that will get somebody killed

I put a set of 90/10,80/20,70/30 shocks on mine and one run them one race & that was because I did not take my old shocks with me. The only problem I ever had running my shocks like that was when I raced at a track 1 Saturday night that had a dirt road for the return road and I could see the pot holes after it got dark.I never had a handling problem.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: OPINIONS ASAP PLEASE!!!!!! [Re: Guitar Jones] #1366616
01/10/13 07:24 PM
01/10/13 07:24 PM
western pennsylvania
b1dartsport Offline
super stock
b1dartsport  Offline
super stock

western pennsylvania
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Brock,if I were you just starting out I would try to find a used set of 002/003 A body SS springs. Weld a chain to the pinion snubber and use it for a boat anchor when you go fishing. Get An effective but inexpensive rear shock like the Rancho 9 ways and a good set of 90/10 shocks for the front. Next,make sure the front end is loose enough to give you 4" to 5" of lift at launch. Find a set of used wheels with more backspace to get those big tires tucked in. I did some high 1.30 60 fts with a setup like this and the car was fairly consistant. At your HP level this would be an easy setup to tune and get some satisfying results. Just my

I disagree Get the Cal-Tracs It is 2013 move ahead and you should be good till you hit 7's or 6's like above.What adjustment is there in SS springs? When you go for more HP ? I had a 10 second car with SS springs but would never go back to it! Buy it one time and be done with it! The upgrade from there is a better ( adjustable ) shock

X2

Well if you truly want to buy it once and be done with it back half the car with a four link.

The op already stated he only has about $300 to spare for upgrades this season. I agree Cal tracs are better than SS springs, but to set them up properly you need the mono leaf springs, good rear and front shocks to get them to work properly (I know this because I have them on my car) You are talking about a lot more than $300 here. I have heard of them being used with stock springs,but he is trying to make positive improvements on a very limited budget not cause more problems to figure out.

Re: OPINIONS ASAP PLEASE!!!!!! [Re: b1dartsport] #1366617
01/10/13 07:32 PM
01/10/13 07:32 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

X2

The op already stated he only has about $300 to spare for upgrades this season. I agree Cal tracs are better than SS springs, but to set them up properly you need the mono leaf springs, good rear and front shocks to get them to work properly (I know this because I have them on my car) You are talking about a lot more than $300 here. I have heard of them being used with stock springs,but he is trying to make positive improvements on a very limited budget not cause more problems to figure out.

Randy,you are correct and spot on for what the OP ask and it's the right advise for his budget.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3