Ont. Canada
10.90 Racer Offline
super street
10.90 Racer  Offline
super street

Ont. Canada
Quote:

Quote:

The Scat I beam rods look like a decent Chinese rod. Nothing wrong with most I-beams....... Years ago there were some eagle I-beams that were not too beefy........ These were trouble......
If you are going to spray that engine the rods and block are the very least of your worries!!! Concentrate on your fuel system, tune-up, Fuel just to start and that's not even getting into the engine........ Nitrous is NOT an easy bolt on nor is it cheap..........

Steve, I know nitrous is not a bolt on and go deal...I built my fuel system last year with a small shot in mind, and was planning on trying a small hit if valvetrain damage didn't put an early end to my year.

I just want to be sure that I won't be pushing the limits of the parts I am using in the motor...I've had the darn thing apart 3 times now, and I kinda want it this to be the last time for a while until it needs a freshen up LOL

Yes...... more than likely you can take all the money you are going to spend on spray and spend it on a better NA deal............ Been doing this a long time........ Watched too many people fail with spray.

Instead of new rods....... why not lighten your pistons ???

Re: Scat I beam rods, SB, 600+ hp??? [Re: 10.90 Racer] #1365246
01/07/13 09:58 PM
01/07/13 09:58 PM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline OP
master
mshred  Offline OP
master
M

Toronto
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Scat I beam rods look like a decent Chinese rod. Nothing wrong with most I-beams....... Years ago there were some eagle I-beams that were not too beefy........ These were trouble......
If you are going to spray that engine the rods and block are the very least of your worries!!! Concentrate on your fuel system, tune-up, Fuel just to start and that's not even getting into the engine........ Nitrous is NOT an easy bolt on nor is it cheap..........

Steve, I know nitrous is not a bolt on and go deal...I built my fuel system last year with a small shot in mind, and was planning on trying a small hit if valvetrain damage didn't put an early end to my year.

I just want to be sure that I won't be pushing the limits of the parts I am using in the motor...I've had the darn thing apart 3 times now, and I kinda want it this to be the last time for a while until it needs a freshen up LOL

Yes...... more than likely you can take all the money you are going to spend on spray and spend it on a better NA deal............ Been doing this a long time........ Watched too many people fail with spray.

Instead of new rods....... why not lighten your pistons ???

the spray will be a once in a while type of thing, like for King of the Street at Joe's event in August. Im fine with a 10 sec motor, I really don't have the money to spend more on motor...nitrous is like crack, i buy it when i need it lol

Page 2 of 2 1 2