Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: NHRA Amends Roll Bar/Cage Rules for '08-later cars..... [Re: SpareParts] #1350577
12/13/12 02:58 AM
12/13/12 02:58 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

LOL, we run through mid to low 8 second "street cars" maybe some high 7's without cages at local grudge events.

And they allow it... is it right... no... my buddy
with his 11.50 truck(N/A) has no bar or anything..
the local track even lets him go somewhat lower...
and this track is pretty easy on tech(like none) BUT
he also has a bottle on the truck and they finally
kicked him out when he was running mid 10s... I told
him he was running on borrowed time... he doesnt want
to put a bar in it but hes always talking about going
faster... and I keep telling him.... sooner or latter
they are gona tell you DONT COME BACK.... they did
a month ago

Re: NHRA Amends Roll Bar/Cage Rules for '08-later cars..... [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1350578
12/13/12 04:01 AM
12/13/12 04:01 AM
Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana
ProStDodge Offline
master
ProStDodge  Offline
master

Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana
Read the rule (unfortunately the rules can be hard to figure out). This rule is for FACTORY STOCK -UNALTERED - vehicles only. If you change tires, rims, air cleaner box, MAS, or anything else, you do NOT qualify.

Only a few FACTORY cars actually run that fast without modifications. Most of the times they are limited production cars and not likely used for regular bracket racing.

While I personally do not agree with the change, I seriously doubt it will affect many cars/tracks.

Re: NHRA Amends Roll Bar/Cage Rules for '08-later cars..... [Re: ProStDodge] #1350579
12/13/12 12:26 PM
12/13/12 12:26 PM
Chandler, AZ
Duner Offline
top fuel
Duner  Offline
top fuel

Chandler, AZ
The guys that have those kind of new cars are far better off at the track - even without the rollbars or cages - than they are trying to "play" anywhere on the street.

Yes, I agree that they probably don't offer the level of protection they would with the safety equipment we have to run, but at least now they will have a better place to "play" without being forced to install the equipment or risking other people's lives on the street. Because we all know that if they can't run them at the track - they'll find SOMEPLACE to play with them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2