12/05/12 03:34 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Quote:

I for one would love to be on the slow side of the ladder for a shot at one of those triple shot NOS or turbo'ed cars that are lucky if they can cut a light or even come close to there dial. Sorry but 1/2 of the top part of the field usually have no idea how to bracket race because that is not there usual gig!

Well the field has been full the last four years Last year was the first time for me of seeing 9 second cars make the field in the last few years. There were two IIRC. I 9.20's Barracuda and a 9.teen blown Challenger, might have been a third. I ran those two.

The last three years have been won by cars in the top half of the field. Last year, 2012 was the #1 qualifier, the previous year was #2 winning over #1, 2010 was won by #4 Qualifier. Not sure who won in 2009, maybe it was Rich?? I have made it to at least the semis and have been the only bottom feeder that has gone that far.

I know last years winner, Tom wins his fair share of races. The previous year Josh, the runner up has won a couple of Top Sportman championships in the NHRA and many ADRL races in TS(first 3 second TS car in the country)and Pro Mod now. If the track would have been better I feel pretty confident he woudl have been tough to beat even dialing in the 6.70's as he was. Darren in the Stratus is a pretty accomplished racer and a very tough racer. We both know Rich is a very good racer. So not sure that statement is vary valid.

Hopefully it is a very big feild of cars. Likely Stock and SS guys will be there for sure. It is just before the NHRA divisonal and National events. May draw a couple more Mopars for the feild. I personally know of three Top Sportsman cars and one dragster that will be there that have not been in the past few years. I am actually worried my lowly bracket bomber wont make the feild myself.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: 2013 MATS [Re: Al_Alguire] #1339340
12/05/12 04:08 AM
12/05/12 04:08 AM
Louisiana
S
Spyphish Offline
super stock
Spyphish  Offline
super stock
S

Louisiana
Well Al, I may have to ship you those cigars for your SST victories. Looks like I am torn between two lovers. Two favorite Hemi Shootouts are Belle Rose and Vegas which are now on the same weekend for 2013. Last year thanks to all involved we had about 15 cars at each race because the schedule worked. This ain't good for car counts. Maybe my car will roll off the PHISHCAL CLIFF and I won't have to decide.

CALMED THE QUAKE!!!(AGAIN!)
Re: 2013 MATS [Re: Spyphish] #1339341
12/05/12 04:18 AM
12/05/12 04:18 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Stephen, That sure sucks. But with a race in your backyeard that makes sense. I imagine that will hurt both feilds for sure

One of my favortie parts of this race is the AH Hemi guys. We seem to end up hanging around you guys most the weekend. You hemi guys sure have some good stories. We have had dinner at Ogburns trailer a time or two and always enjoyed bs'ing with you guys. It is unfortunate they have that issue. Was looking forward to you letting me drive that blue car Oh yeah last years cigars were awesome, was looking forward to sharing some Scotch with you this year while we killed a few

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4