07/04/12 01:15 PM
07/04/12 01:15 PM
Virginia
mopars4life Offline OP
super stock
mopars4life  Offline OP
super stock

Virginia
I hope someone can help with this. I had the valve body out on my 01 ram to put a shift kit in and replace the solenoids. I've tried putting it back in multiple times (and yes I have done this before on other mopar trannies) and it feels like it sits inside the pawl and I can feel it lock the wheels when inside. When I put the linkage on the trans it won't shift past reverse and can't go past that. I have to go from 1 (where it sat to seat the park rod) to Park to line up the selector shaft and solenoid plug in the case. Anyone had this issue before? I need to get the truck back on the road for Carlisle and this is my last day to do it. I've had someone rotate the rear wheels and have verified that the rod slips in the pawl and then the wheels lock. Any help is appreciated. There were no linkage issues prior to removing the valve body and the valve body will shift the linkage fine out of the case so it has to be in the park rod.

Re: 46re Park Rod Binding Issue [Re: mopars4life] #1261704
07/04/12 03:45 PM
07/04/12 03:45 PM
Rio Linda, CA
John_Kunkel Offline
Too Many Posts
John_Kunkel  Offline
Too Many Posts

Rio Linda, CA
The end of the park rod sometimes doesn't enter its tapered ramp correctly due to a mis-positioned snap ring. In the pic below the ears of the snap ring are clocked too far counterclockwise which allows the rod to enter the cavity off to the side of the tapered ramp...with the snap ring clocked as far clockwise as it will go the bottom ear of the snap ring prevents the rod from jamming on the side.

The pic below is of a 727, the OD components aren't as easy to see because they are further back in the tailhousing.

7277248-Parkrod.jpg (7024 downloads)