phx
M
metalgod Offline OP
top fuel
metalgod  Offline OP
top fuel
M

phx
has anyone installed and used the universal kits that electriclife sells for the rear 1/4 windows on a b body? not the fronts with the regulator and motor i have used those they work great i was wondering about thier universal kit? looks like it slides over the splined shaft where the window crank fits? has anyone installed them? do they work? are they strong? quiet? do the stick out of the panel??

Re: power window universal ?? electriclife [Re: metalgod] #1189623
03/02/12 03:40 PM
03/02/12 03:40 PM
Manitoba, Canada
DaytonaTurbo Offline
Too Many Posts
DaytonaTurbo  Offline
Too Many Posts

Manitoba, Canada
I've installed several of the units you describe. I use them on the front and rear windows because they're so cheap, lightweight and easy to install. They are capable of putting more force on the window that I could by hand. I know this because in the winter I could never roll the windows down in my daytona by hand, but a set of those power conversions could. They are no louder or quieter than any other stock oem power windows. The ONLY downside to them is you have to put a plastic cap over the hole in your door panel where your window crank was. The kits supply caps with a variety of depths to fit your needs. Paint them to match and they're barely noticeable. You can wire the window motors up to their supplied switches or up to a set of stock type power window switches, I've done both. I'll be putting a set of them in my satellite this spring and my brother wants a set for his charger.

You can get comparable ones on ebay for WAY cheaper than on electric life's website. Like a kit for all 4 windows for around 100 bucks.

Re: power window universal ?? electriclife [Re: DaytonaTurbo] #1189624
03/02/12 05:52 PM
03/02/12 05:52 PM
phx
M
metalgod Offline OP
top fuel
metalgod  Offline OP
top fuel
M

phx
do they fit inside the door panel so if you had door panels with no crank holes they could be used? do have a picture of your door panel?
would you use them other than the elctric life regulators and moptors?

Re: power window universal ?? electriclife [Re: metalgod] #1189625
03/03/12 04:35 AM
03/03/12 04:35 AM
Manitoba, Canada
DaytonaTurbo Offline
Too Many Posts
DaytonaTurbo  Offline
Too Many Posts

Manitoba, Canada
The problem with using them with door panels with no holes is the splined shaft on your window regulator goes through that hole. And these power window conversion kits just actuate that splined shaft. I have heard of some guys being able to shim in their window regulator enough to use a door panel without the hole. On mine, I just used the caps that come with the kit and painted them to match. It wasn't a big deal to me. For only around 100 bucks for enough to do 4 windows, it was well worth it to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Window-Roll-Up...ies&vxp=mtr