R
ramairthree Offline OP
enthusiast
ramairthree  Offline OP
enthusiast
R

USA

I got a new one made from LAI.
Great service, fast, good price, and high quality. This is not a slam on them.

I did a test fit, for a dry run before final installation.
There is no where near enough stretch between the two bow seams. I am using the original, undisturbed bow order and location after just pulling the dry rotted headliner off of them.

I did put insulation above the bows, and also left the original rear tensioners in place after scrapping off the dust remnants of the original padding.

I THINK Legendary must have used the two bow measurement from the regular non-sunroof headliner. And to be honest, they were the only people that I saw that even listed a third gen B body sun roof headliner.

These bow holes cannot be used for a sun roof (the sun roof pan comes too low, that is why there are lower sun roof bow mount holes.

Now, with the original bows and their location

Before I contact legendary, I would love to double check with any other RR or Charger or Satty 73/74 sunroof owners.

A picture of your headliner, with a measurement between the seams would be of great help to me.

Thank you for any help. I know there is stretch in a head liner installation, but two or three inches out of nine or ten inches of material is way more than I can get.

Re: More specific info for headliner help needed please... [Re: ramairthree] #1152858
02/23/12 09:02 PM
02/23/12 09:02 PM
USA
R
ramairthree Offline OP
enthusiast
ramairthree  Offline OP
enthusiast
R

USA
Well, not such a great turn out.

LAI got back with me and refunded me, but say the template is not in their system and that they made the right one.

He was nice and open to the possibility that the Charger and RR have a different one, but does recognize the bow holes in the pics are 12 inches apart, not 9, and that with the factory sunroof pan there is no room to put the headliner in the 5 bow non-sunroof holes.

He offerered to make a model and catalog it if someone has one good enough for him to measure and template, but also said that at the end of the day we are probably better off just having local places do one.

Anyways, just wanted to give that follow up.

The LAI 2 bow 73/4 sunroof B body headliner does not fit the RR, and he does not have the pattern.

But they have great service and really do shoot for the best.