Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Caught up on a few bills soooo...new tow rig time! [Re: Keith Richards] #1102925
11/03/11 10:57 PM
11/03/11 10:57 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline OP
top fuel
Eric  Offline OP
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
Just put a new belt on it today and got rid of the annoying sqeaking sound.. Going to have to put some nerf bars on it so Heather can get in and out Look's like it could use front pads ...they are close...and it will get an oil change and fuel filter on Friday...

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Caught up on a few bills soooo...new tow rig time! [Re: Eric] #1102926
11/04/11 03:23 PM
11/04/11 03:23 PM
City of Champions
P
Prostock Offline
I Live Here
Prostock  Offline
I Live Here
P

City of Champions
Quote:

Just put a new belt on it today and got rid of the annoying sqeaking sound.. Going to have to put some nerf bars on it so Heather can get in and out Look's like it could use front pads ...they are close...and it will get an oil change and fuel filter on Friday...

I put the nerf bars on mine too. Makes it easier to get in and out of.

Get fleetguard filters!

Make sure you get a can of diesel so you can fill the filter housing, if yours is like my 2001. It will be a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] to start after changing the filter.

Re: Caught up on a few bills soooo...new tow rig time! [Re: Prostock] #1102927
11/04/11 07:00 PM
11/04/11 07:00 PM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Common rail self primes... Easy to start after filter change.

Re: Caught up on a few bills soooo...new tow rig time! [Re: Keith Richards] #1102928
11/08/11 11:07 AM
11/08/11 11:07 AM
acworth / N. georgia - south e...
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

Quote:

Quote:

i just test drove a trade in at the dealer..
super clean 04 4x4 longbed 4dr auto..CTD
Truck is perfect for me..
however..it had a Vibration..i could feel it in the wheel,floor and gas pedal..
at aroung 1200rpm..
i drove the truck..and it was most noticeable at a steady 60mph...
Felt like ("do you remember those wind up toys with the spinning disc inside to propel it?" when those bearings would go bad and it would vibrate/harmonics..and it wouldnt work anymore?)
thats the kind of vibration..felt like it was pulling the truck down..

Maybe trq converter? or trans? they put it in the service dept..I hope the salesman keeps me informed..I really like the truck otherwise.

sorry Eric for highjacking..
chepast

If the vibration was only when it was moving could have been a bad u-joint. Know of a few this happened too and they feared the worst only to find a simple fix.

the sales man said it was in for service over the weekend..Said it had a performance chip..they removed it and that fixed the vibration..?

on friday the salesman said its 4x4 and someone bumped a selinoid in the transmisson..it had to be replaced ...I told him i was under that truck before it went to service there was absolutely no scatches or dents of any kind under that chassis.
I see past typical saleman bs and mention'd that seemed like a poor answer..
Im going in to look at/test drive again in a few hours...Im gonna talk to the service tech if i can ..feel him out for his answer..
I was pervey to look at the truck the day it was traded..saw the condition the previous owner left it in...and its really clean inside..even with then normal dirt (fwiw it wasnt vacuumed or even cleaned and it was still in nice shape)
i dont see any body damage anywhere... I didnt see any marks on any nuts or bolts under the chassis to lead me to believe anything has been removed or replaced..
the tires are only at about %35 tread left and its got real even/consistant tire wear front and back..
Im gonna get the vin..does anyone know how to get the previous owners info from the vin?
i like this truck..been looking a while..
cheapst

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Re: Caught up on a few bills soooo...new tow rig time! [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #1102929
11/09/11 12:37 AM
11/09/11 12:37 AM
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

ok brought truck home for the night..
the mopar technician said it had a performance programmer that was removed..and the fuel pressure was set up way too high..and timing was 26* retarded..?
he said he reset it back to stock...the noise/vibration is less noticable..but still there.
it does need front u joints but i dont think this is the issue...it makes the same vibration at lower speeds as it does at higher speeds and seems to be throttle imput related..? feels like a hydrolic pump vibration...like power steering.the power steering is fine..but maybe its trans pump or high trans fluid/pump pressure?

You guys that tow...Do you use the Tow/Haul setting? what the heck does that actually do.. Other than kick the truck out of overdrive..?
you can't actually tow on the highway with it on do you? it leaves the rpms way up crazy high..i cant imagine towing long distance this way...what gives?

cheapst

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Re: Caught up on a few bills soooo...new tow rig time! [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #1102930
11/10/11 11:10 PM
11/10/11 11:10 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline OP
top fuel
Eric  Offline OP
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
Quote:

ok brought truck home for the night..
the mopar technician said it had a performance programmer that was removed..and the fuel pressure was set up way too high..and timing was 26* retarded..?
he said he reset it back to stock...the noise/vibration is less noticable..but still there.
it does need front u joints but i dont think this is the issue...it makes the same vibration at lower speeds as it does at higher speeds and seems to be throttle imput related..? feels like a hydrolic pump vibration...like power steering.the power steering is fine..but maybe its trans pump or high trans fluid/pump pressure?

You guys that tow...Do you use the Tow/Haul setting? what the heck does that actually do.. Other than kick the truck out of overdrive..?
you can't actually tow on the highway with it on do you? it leaves the rpms way up crazy high..i cant imagine towing long distance this way...what gives?

cheapst

The tow/haul on my GMC works great...but like you said...the rpms on the Dodge

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Caught up on a few bills soooo...new tow rig time! [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #1102931
11/11/11 02:29 AM
11/11/11 02:29 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
I have a 2006 3500 4 whd with the automatic, the tow haul button really hepls out here where the hills are long and tall when towing one of my trailers, the car trailer is the lightest. right at 8600 lbs on the axles, the trans won't shift into O.D., or maybe it is locking up the converter , until after 55 MPH, that is with the 3.73 gears. It will downshift automatically when I'm off the throttle going downhill when it gets to 5 MPH above where I have the crusie control set at, usually close to 65 MPH My 1998.5 didn't have that feature.I like and use it all the time when towing Yours should have a lock out O.D. on that button also, two clicks instead of one

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 11/11/11 02:30 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4