10/25/11 10:20 PM
10/25/11 10:20 PM
Indiana
O
Osyman Offline OP
Osyman  Offline OP
O

Indiana
I painted my front filler panel on my 67 gtx and then wet sanded. Question is, what do I use to buff it? Getting in there with a wheel is impossible? I'm new to body and paint, is there something you use to hand polish this area?

Re: Polish and buffing hard to reach areas? [Re: Osyman] #1101704
10/28/11 06:45 AM
10/28/11 06:45 AM
Harrisburg, Pa.
screamindriver Offline
master
screamindriver  Offline
master

Harrisburg, Pa.
You'll end up polishing it by hand...The easy way out is to lay the paint on smooth enough to sand/machine buff the major part of the panel and not need to sand every nook and cranny... ...But seriously...Polishes come in different grits,machine or hand formulas,etc right down to the final glaze for the perfect shine Depending on the manufacturer,color,or paint, you can get away with a 2 step all the way through a 5 step system..If you're just getting into the game either go to your local body shop supply and see what they recommend for your project or, if you don't need or do alot of this even an auto parts store that has the Meguiars polishes would work...The Meguiars bottles are easy to read because they have a graph on the label showing how agressive each polish is{and their site has some great tips also..} link