10/18/11 03:18 AM
10/18/11 03:18 AM
Overpriced Housing Central
RobX4406 Offline
I Live Here
RobX4406  Offline
I Live Here

Overpriced Housing Central
At 10.6, that cam and RHS's should be enough to get you running 11's. Might be tight on pump swill although your stuff is better than our California sacred goat pee.

Those lifters are good to around 7K... Don't be afraid to twist it, ask Brian. He also knows about another engine, as do you, that ran those lifters and a similar cam. It did OK.

tti Step or 1.75" headers will help some. I wouldn't put 1 7/8" headers on it. If 500hp strokers can't use 1 7/8" tubes effectively, doubt your mill will either.

Work on the front end of the car. There is some more in the 60's. You might try a shorter rear tire on it to get more effective ratio. It's got a 12.10ish in it based on MPH with a better 60' so you aren't that far off your 11 pass.

Keep jetting it up until it slows down, then back it off to highest MPH jetting. I don't think you hit that yet with the old mill, thinking it still had some MPH in it .

Re: how much more power with a compression bump? [Re: SomeCarGuy] #1095858
10/18/11 08:55 PM
10/18/11 08:55 PM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline OP
master
mshred  Offline OP
master
M

Toronto
Quote:

You have a solid running engine that takes crap gas. Maybe lighten the car and leave this for the next rebuild?

I know man, it does run awesome for what it is...but you know how it is, you always want more power...I dont want to have the thing apart to fix it and not do something to make it go a little faster lol

Im hoping that considering how well the car ran now, with just a few small changes it should put me in the 11's

Re: how much more power with a compression bump? [Re: Brian Hafliger] #1095859
10/18/11 08:56 PM
10/18/11 08:56 PM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline OP
master
mshred  Offline OP
master
M

Toronto
Quote:

If you don't mind changing the cam, we can pick up the power you want with pistons and cam...no problem!

Sounds good Brian! Im gonna yank the motor very soon, and then get er to the shop to start pulling it apart and assess the damage. I will be giving you a call in the very near future to discuss some options

Re: how much more power with a compression bump? [Re: RobX4406] #1095860
10/18/11 09:04 PM
10/18/11 09:04 PM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline OP
master
mshred  Offline OP
master
M

Toronto
Quote:

At 10.6, that cam and RHS's should be enough to get you running 11's. Might be tight on pump swill although your stuff is better than our California sacred goat pee.

Those lifters are good to around 7K... Don't be afraid to twist it, ask Brian. He also knows about another engine, as do you, that ran those lifters and a similar cam. It did OK.

tti Step or 1.75" headers will help some. I wouldn't put 1 7/8" headers on it. If 500hp strokers can't use 1 7/8" tubes effectively, doubt your mill will either.

Work on the front end of the car. There is some more in the 60's. You might try a shorter rear tire on it to get more effective ratio. It's got a 12.10ish in it based on MPH with a better 60' so you aren't that far off your 11 pass.

Keep jetting it up until it slows down, then back it off to highest MPH jetting. I don't think you hit that yet with the old mill, thinking it still had some MPH in it .

Hey Rob,

We get up to 94 octane here, so if I run it on that with a compression bump and tight quench im hoping it will pick up some decent power

Not going to lie, im a bit chicken to turn it higher than 6k just because of my previous luck with the stock style lifters earlier in the season...but i can always balls up and try again lol

If I can find a set of cheap 1-3/4's then maybe I will pick them up, but not sure if that will be financially feasible for me at this point. Are the 1-5/8's going to limit me that much? or will they just generally help with low end torque instead of mid-upper range power?

The front end of the car works real well actually, at least from what I can see...Already have the calvert 90/10s in there with /6 t bars. My caltracs are set at zero preload- I was just pondering today what adding preload would do for me The alignment is setup properly too. I personally think I need more gear with my setup, but like I said its just not possible considering I drive it to the track...and a shorter tire is not in the deck, I like the look of my 28's lol I try to keep in mind that my best 60's were running out of the groove at a national event, and the rest of them were on no prep nights, so I never really got to see what the car would do fully (I was kicked out of the groove since I have a stick car, told me i rip up the track too much )

I never did get a chance to jet it up since I never went back to the track with my carb feed line fixed. Im redoing the fuel system over the winter with a good electric pump and new line, so im going to get that sorted out then. I to think I could have jetted up more...my dad even mentioned me trying his 850 from his 440 on my car, though I don't know if it will be too much- he thinks that if we tinkered more with the old setup I could have saw a bottom 12, but obviously that can't happen anymore lol

Page 2 of 2 1 2