M
moparjo68 Offline OP
mopar
moparjo68  Offline OP
mopar
M

Sonoran desert, Arizona, USA
Quote:

Looks good, I was actually thinking you could make a Z-shaped piece out of flat stock, and use the bolt right above the section you cut off. I guess it might be hard to get a sharp enough bend in such a short distance.

I'm still confused on how you can replace the O-ring without removing the rod?

With the valve body removed, can you slide it all the way out?

I tried to make the z shaped piece you mentioned but found it more difficult. I was not satisfied with end results.

The rod is being pushed out, not removed. Once pan is removed, you can push pin from opposite end and push it out. I didn't have to remove valve body. I just had to get tranny filter out of the way. I had to use a cheater piece (a 1/4 in socket extension) to get pin to push out far enough. Then with pin pushed out, you remove old o ring and place on new one. Then push pin back in. I had to gently tap pin with wooden dowel rod to get back in. New o ring was causing small resistance. I would remove pressure from band before you begin as a pre-caution just in case pin slides out to much.

Re: 727 tranny that won't stop seeping. Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh! [Re: moparjo68] #1084583
02/12/12 02:06 AM
02/12/12 02:06 AM
SW MO
closer9 Offline
top fuel
closer9  Offline
top fuel

SW MO
Can someone tell me what size O-ring is used for the pivot?

I got the fancy gasket from the dealer, and figured while I was in there I would replace this O-ring. I think I've got an old dash bracket to make a stop for the pin on the outside. I will also finally get around to replacing the kickdown shaft seal. I spent weeks looking for one. Just happened to be in NAPA one day asked about it. $1.50 on the shelf. Guy on the phone told me part number on their website was no good. No one else even had a clue. Found a guy on ebay selling them for $15 + shipping. The kickdown seal didn't appear to be bad or leaking, but I did replace the shift shaft seal, and figured that one needed replaced too.

Daily:
'19 Frontier 4WD
Belle:
'67 Belvedere Convertible, 318/727 in Go ManGo!
Other:
'64 C10, 283/3 on the tree
Re: 727 tranny that won't stop seeping. Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh! [Re: closer9] #1084584
02/13/12 12:08 AM
02/13/12 12:08 AM
Port Alberni, British Columbia
MoparDonny Offline
top fuel
MoparDonny  Offline
top fuel

Port Alberni, British Columbia
Piece of 3/4 x 1/8 flatbar in a vice bent to a 90 deg angle, drill 3/8 hole for tailhousing bolt to go through. done, simple clean. I've done alot of these. usually I'll service the trans or be servicing it when I notice the leak but I did my own without pulling the pan about 2 years before I rebuilt it. For all intents and purpose, yours will be just fine now, but that rod looks a bit bulky. At least it won't leak anymore though, feels good to solve that problem.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3