sdaurity Offline
pro stock
sdaurity  Offline
pro stock
S

North Cackilacky
Quote:

Quote:

I plan on going 4.80s @ 145 or so next year. If i had your engine and Turbo i could go that fast now.

and if my aunt had a bleep, she would be my uncle

If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its a$$ everytime it junmped.

One day I will have something cool here.
Re: thanks Josh, Bob and other sponsors...BUT [Re: R/T BRAD] #1083215
09/27/11 09:33 AM
09/27/11 09:33 AM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
the bottom line was that all three agreed, and its done,
like rickster and me stated , thats not the norm,
i may disagree with a few things , and that is normal,
but to be beet down on what i think should or shouldnt be done , is not class,
i had a great time, enjoyed the show, set up for show cars was excellent as well as swap meet, codoos goes to all
we will see what next year brings, as for a revisit, as i stated before i have never missed mmw , hate for it to statrt because i get beet over the head because i disagree over the smallest of issues,

Re: thanks Josh, Bob and other sponsors...BUT [Re: dennismopar73] #1083216
09/27/11 10:18 AM
09/27/11 10:18 AM
North Cackilacky
S
sdaurity Offline
pro stock
sdaurity  Offline
pro stock
S

North Cackilacky
Quote:

i had a great time, enjoyed the show, set up for show cars was excellent as well as swap meet, codoos goes to all
we will see what next year brings, as for a revisit, as i stated before i have never missed mmw , hate for it to statrt because i get beet over the head because i disagree over the smallest of issues,

Beat them down about it? Are you serious? If I was really upset about it you would know. I never once said anything more than its a bad decision from everyone involved racers included. I would never let someone be declared the winner that had not put me and everyone else on the trailer. That simple. I may not have been there but unlike 90% of the other people responding, I actually have a car that is legal and faster then most that attended, and plan to go to some future races, but not if weather stops the race and money is awarded like this. I am simply saying it needs to be, If X happens this is what happens with the money. Not seat of the pants, lets see what everyone wants to do. I want to know whats gonna happen before I drive 11 hours and spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars to get there and race. If everyone can't see or understand that you have too much money already.

One day I will have something cool here.
Re: thanks Josh, Bob and other sponsors...BUT [Re: sdaurity] #1083217
09/27/11 11:03 AM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
Guppy is like 19-0 coming into this event... Sitting next to him in the lanes is like being in the ring with Mike Tyson! You never know what he's gonna hit ya with

Mopar Performance
Re: thanks Josh, Bob and other sponsors...BUT [Re: R/T BRAD] #1083218
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
I was involved in the coloring contest and the quick 32 and these are the only two things I know enough about to hold a opinion.That being said I got my Ass handed to me in the second round of quick so how they split up the cabbage between the WINNERS is none of my business.As long as the WINNERS were happy with the outcome I am happy.As far as the coloring contest goes That was as much fun as running quick, lots of smiling faces and cool people,we will be more than happy to do that again.Thanks Josh for the fun weekend and doing your best to make Monster Mopar the best show around.
Bruce, Angie,Julian and Theodore Gaier

6844629-dragster009.jpg (83 downloads)

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: thanks Josh, Bob and other sponsors...BUT [Re: sdaurity] #1083219
09/27/11 12:14 PM
09/27/11 12:14 PM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
Quote:

Quote:

Beat them down about it? Are you serious? If I was really upset about it you would know. I never once said anything more than its a bad decision from everyone involved racers included. I would never let someone be declared the winner that had not put me and everyone else on the trailer. That simple. I may not have been there but unlike 90% of the other people responding, I actually have a car that is legal and faster then most that attended, and plan to go to some future races, but not if weather stops the race and money is awarded like this. I am simply saying it needs to be, If X happens this is what happens with the money. Not seat of the pants, lets see what everyone wants to do. I want to know whats gonna happen before I drive 11 hours and spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars to get there and race. If everyone can't see or understand that you have too much money already.

What could be better than having the racers decide what is done with the purse they were intitled to. It was them who came up with this out come, if they are happy that is all that matters. As stated it would have been different if you were involved, but you weren't so let it go...

I just don't get it it was up to the racers and not the promoter how can you get any nicer then that?

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: thanks Josh, Bob and other sponsors...BUT [Re: R/T BRAD] #1083220
09/27/11 12:59 PM
09/27/11 12:59 PM
Idabel,Oklahoma
G
Gary Robbins Offline
super stock
Gary Robbins  Offline
super stock
G

Idabel,Oklahoma
If Sailor wanted some of the Bird he was only about 80 feet from his cage on friday and never came over to say HI

Wow you got to be kidding these guys at the same race and they didn't hook up...Oh well its going to be a long winter with all the "nut huggers" and time slip racers......

6844795-shop-cars008.jpg (84 downloads)
Re: thanks Josh, Bob and other sponsors...BUT [Re: 1967dartgt] #1083221
09/27/11 07:50 PM
09/27/11 07:50 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline
master
rickstershemi  Offline
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What could be better than having the racers decide what is done with the purse they were intitled to. It was them who came up with this out come, if they are happy that is all that matters. As stated it would have been different if you were involved, but you weren't so let it go...

I just don't get it it was up to the racers and not the promoter how can you get any nicer then that?

What could be better is the RULES being established before the race so that every racer knows what they are and no negotiating needs to take place.....yes it worked out at this race and you guys all had a great time which is awesome....but maybe next time it wouldn't go so well.....not bashing anyone or the track management.....just IMO decisions like this shouldn't have to be decided as they occur.....they should be in place prior to an event

I also don't see any beat-downs happening in this thread...

Rickster

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3