05/15/04 12:19 PM
05/15/04 12:19 PM
NJ
rdrnr6970 Online content
Your #1 source for current events
rdrnr6970  Online Content
Your #1 source for current events

NJ
sorry to hear about gary.my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family and his freinds.i didnt know him personally but saw his posts on moparts from time too time.....take care and god bless....john

OWNER OF EVERYTHING FROM 1956 300 B,IMPERIAL,NEW YORKER HEMIS,AND NEW HEMI TRUCKS.....5TH GENRAMS.COM... 1969/70 ROADRUNNERS ,DARTS/CORONETS, NORTHEAST HEMI OWNERS ASSOCIATION.....WWW.PHANTASMCUDAS.COM....MOPAR FAMILY FOR 50 YEARS AND STILL GOING!MOPAR OWNER COAST TO COAST!!!!
Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: justinp61] #11324
05/15/04 01:14 PM
05/15/04 01:14 PM
Falconer, NY
KatFysh Offline
master
KatFysh  Offline
master

Falconer, NY
My deepest regards go out to Nikki and Gary's family, as well as everyone here on MOPARTS..

I was informed of this terrible news yesterday when I recieved a call from markbeep. I started to read it , but could not finish it in one setting.

I feel that I am one of the VERY lucky ones to have met Gary. But bare with me..

I knew him here on Moparts and talked to him a little through pm's about his Moparty's, That I never made it to. I finally got a chance to meet him at Best Machine last year when I went out to pick up my tranny from 727Jim.. I kinda had mixed signals from Gary at first. I thought he was short and sorta "prickish" when meeting him. We only talked for about 20-30 minutes.. I was kinda confused.

When I got back home, after the 6 hour drive, I made a post here about meeting Gary, Steff, 727Jim, his son Ryan and Chuck, at Best.. I said I was dissappointed about not seeing some cars. Gary pm'd me and was VERY APOLOGETIC. Little did I know at the time that it was the same day that he and Nikki made the decision to put of their "children" {Boxers} to sleep. Since then, Gary and I became a little closer through pm's and e-mails. I wish I could've gotten to know you ALOT better.

He gave me the BEST compliment I ever recieved about my car when he made the post about how much of a "jalopy" it was when I bought it. That made me feel soo GREAT about myself and what I accomplished.. I only wish that he was around now to know that the head gaskets are going back on tonight and he is able to go for a ride anytime... I'll miss ya man.. Thanks for being an AWESOME FRIEND.. .as I type through VERY teary eyes...

"He was the best of us."

When you decide to quit, THAT is the moment when you would've succeeded..
Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: KatFysh] #11325
05/15/04 01:26 PM
05/15/04 01:26 PM
Alberta
70challenger Offline
70challenger  Offline

Alberta
I am another guy who never knew Gary in person but having spent alot of time reading his posts on here I felt like I did know him. He was a very big part of this Moparts board! We will miss him! Prayers and thoughts go out to his good family..

Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: 70challenger] #11326
05/15/04 02:30 PM
05/15/04 02:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been away from the board all week, real sorry to hear about this terible loss, my thoughts and condolences to gary's family.

Re: We lost a friend and member today #11327
05/15/04 03:21 PM
05/15/04 03:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just read the news. What a tragic loss to both his family and friends. My prayers and condolenses to the family. He will truly be missed by all that came in contact with him. Having never met him or spoken to him personally I still felt the heart warming genuine friendliness that he exuded in his posts. As can be seen here I think that everyone respected him and his wisdom. He will be sorrily missed by all. I am deeply saddened by the news and regret the fact that I never got a chance to meet him. The world has lost a truly good man in heart and spirit.

Gary my prayers are with you and I hope that you get a prime pit location at that great race track in the sky.

Re: We lost a friend and member today #11328
05/15/04 03:49 PM
05/15/04 03:49 PM
The Grand State of Confusion-O...
SKR8PN Offline
master
SKR8PN  Offline
master

The Grand State of Confusion-O...
Oh my God.....unbelievable....what a week. My mother had a bad stroke,is in the hospital,and I haven't logged on all week. When I do,I find out this news. Just terrible.My heartfelt condolences to his fammily and all his friends. A very sad day indeed.

Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve.
Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: SKR8PN] #11329
05/15/04 04:16 PM
05/15/04 04:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just unbelievable...
I remember waking up as the news posted breaking news about this accident, it was about 3am.
Then I was at the barber yesterday & I am reading the detroit news & free press article about the accident, all the while thinking to myself that this person seemed familiar to me.
I found myself thinking about it every time there was a news update, it wasn't till today that all the pieces came together for me.

It's such a tragic loss to everyone who knew him. My prayers and condolenses to his family.

Respectfully,
Matt

Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: MIKES_DUSTER] #11330
05/15/04 05:52 PM
05/15/04 05:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just got back from working out of town, this news
hits hard. We will truly miss him.
My prayers to his family.

Re: We lost a friend and member today #11331
05/15/04 06:39 PM
05/15/04 06:39 PM
Peoria, AZ
P
PIPES Offline
mopar
PIPES  Offline
mopar
P

Peoria, AZ
This sucks!!! I just turned on Moparts for the first time in a few days and see this

Truely a sad day. My thoughts are with his friends and family.

80 Aspen R/T
Eddy headed 408
New Best 11.83 @ 112
Gettin' quicker
Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: DaveDudek] #11332
05/15/04 09:04 PM
05/15/04 09:04 PM
IN
G
GTX4spd Offline
pro stock
GTX4spd  Offline
pro stock
G

IN
Like most everyone else who've posted, I never knew him personally, only through Moparts. But I knew from reading his posts that he was both extremely knowledgable & always willing to help. When I logged on to Moparts Friday night & saw the memorial banner at the top of the home page I thought, "What the......?" Then when I read the story I was dumbstruck,unable to join the posts right then. Not until now have I been able to add my condolences to his family & friends. There just aren't words..................

"Gentlemen, we must all hang together, or surely, we shall all hang seperately."--Benjamin Franklin www.wwnboa.org if you're interested in '62-'74 B-Bodies
Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: DaveDudek] #11333
05/15/04 10:14 PM
05/15/04 10:14 PM
Vernon, NJ
P
PDFrogman Offline
PDFrogman  Offline
P

Vernon, NJ
I've been preoccupied with everyday life and havent been by the boards recently. I was at E-town today, my 12 year old son was hungry so we stopped to get a slice of pizza. To my surprise was a post card size memorial for Gary. I was stunned. I quickly made my way to the Moparts tent to find out what had happened. Dave filled me on on this tragic event. It took every bit of my self control to avoid losing it while he was telling me the story. This hit home! although Gary and I never met in person I considered him a brother. I too was a police Officer, I just retired 12/31/03, after 18 years of service(NYPD). after my visit with Dave at the moparts tent I wandered away in disbelief, this was not the first time that I've dealt with the loss of a fellow officer this was different!

My wife rang my cell as I was walking away immediatly she knew something was wrong she heard it in my voice. When I told her what had happened she too was overwhelmed with saddness and quickly asked about his family. was at this point I could not control the tears.
my heart felt saddness my sorrow can not be expressed in words, my prayers go to his family and friends. Indeed we lost a good man.
the only consolation is that he he is now in a better place. I guess the good Lord needed another Angel!
May he rest in peace and the lord watch over his family and provide for them!

FRANK 1970 Road Runner sold! 1969 Sport Satellite convert 1973 383 Challenger six pack 2004 Hemi Durango 2006 jeep grand Cherokee limited
Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: PDFrogman] #11334
05/15/04 10:36 PM
05/15/04 10:36 PM
J
JCFcuda Offline
JCFcuda  Offline
J

My prayers and condolenses to his family.Such a sad day.
Jim

Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: DaveDudek] #11335
05/15/04 10:44 PM
05/15/04 10:44 PM
Arkansas
340727dart Offline
master
340727dart  Offline
master

Arkansas
After 48 hours, I still don't think I have the words to adequately describe Unlawfl's passing.
I never met the man. And he wouldn't know me from Adam.
But, the one thing that sticks out in my mind is when my car, along with those of four other Moparts members, appeared in the same issue of Mopar Muscle last year.
Unlawfl started a thread in which he told Moparts members about it. Even though his car had earlier gotten the front page and a full spread in MM, he still seemed genuinely excited about more Moparts members getting coverage in the premier Mopar magazine.
Judging by the comments made by people who knew him best, he was a good man who had his priorities straight.
It's tough to accept right now but, Gary is in a better place. To those who knew him and loved him, take comfort in knowing that you had the privilege of making his acquaintance, if for only the briefest of time.
Also be glad that you got to share a few laughs while working on these old Mopars that can sometimes get you so upset.

Your life is not my fault.
My life is none of your business.

Speech is free only if you agree with those in control.
Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: JCFcuda] #11336
05/15/04 10:58 PM
05/15/04 10:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like many here, my first contact with Gary was here on the board. a few years ago i got to work side by side with him on another members car down here in florida. as i got to know Gary a little better, i realized what a special person he was. Gary also helped us out in the enginemasters regional competition. he was willing to do whatever he could to help, but hey, that's the way he was all the time. Gary's attributes were many and we're all going to miss him terribly. i feel like i've lost a brother, well, actually i guess i have. My prayers go out to Gary's wife Niclole. she's so much like Gary was, a very wonderful person and a joy to be around. i can only imagine what she's going through. god bless her.

Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: 340727dart] #11337
05/15/04 11:02 PM
05/15/04 11:02 PM
Mopar Country, Mi
ccdave Offline
The Ultimate
ccdave  Offline
The Ultimate

Mopar Country, Mi
God Speed Gary Davis, aka Unlawful. You will be missed.

Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: 340727dart] #11338
05/15/04 11:04 PM
05/15/04 11:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never met Unlawfl, but he seemed to be a great guy. I always saw posts from him every time I came to the board(I'm a lurker. This is my second post). I just wanted to send my condolences to his family and friends. My loss I never got to meet him.

Re: We lost a friend and member today #11339
05/15/04 11:06 PM
05/15/04 11:06 PM
MN.
Tim S. Offline
master
Tim S.  Offline
master

MN.
I can't believe this. I just got back from a weeks vacation only to hear this. God bless his family. He was a good soul.

Tim

Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: DaveDudek] #11340
05/16/04 10:37 AM
05/16/04 10:37 AM
Castle Rock, CO
pwr440 Offline
enthusiast
pwr440  Offline
enthusiast

Castle Rock, CO
I've been outta town for the last week. I can't believe this tragedy. I never met Gary but he was one of my favorite guys here at Moparts. His posts always seemed to be helpful or funny and many times both. I'll pray for his family and friends.
britt
64 Dodge 440 sedan

Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: pwr440] #11341
05/16/04 11:23 AM
05/16/04 11:23 AM
Garland,Tx. USA
M
meanmaxx Offline
meanmaxx  Offline
M

Garland,Tx. USA
I am very shocked and totally devistated!! I did not know Gary personally, either. But very fimilar with his member name. I personally loved his posts on tech ( very smart and logical individual) I picked up on his ideas for my ride, and have been very satisfied with the results as per say. This has been hard to put down hear on the board, especially after reading 30 something pages of posts. All I can say is The Members on this site are an outstanding group of unique individuals like Gary. Its no wonder HE liked the web site. The tag for Gary' name will be missed by a lot of people on this site. I know I will. I lost two very special people in my family with in 2 years and hearing about this now does,nt help much. I know his wife, family, kids and the community all share a great loss of a man who has purpose!! Who helped, Who shared, Who generally brightened someone's day. Why do all the good one's go......That is a question I have no understanding. Gary, I will miss your posts. I wish we could have met. You are a very outstanding person ( 30+ pages worth are hard to argue ) And will be missed by the masses. My heart goes out to your wife, kids and family. And all the people that have had personable experience's with such a great individual. God Bless you my friend............Meanmaxx

Love the smell of burn'in rubber and scream'in women...
Re: We lost a friend and member today [Re: DaveDudek] #11342
05/16/04 01:42 PM
05/16/04 01:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Until now I have hesitated to post a reply here because I couldn't find the words to express how I feel. While I never had the pleasure of meeting him personally, I have a hollow feeling inside. When one of my cars made the cover of Mopar Muscle, Gary was the first to send me a e-mail to congratulate me. When I got in an argument with another member over something stupid, Gary sent me a e-mail and reminded me that I was arguing with someone who didn't share the same appreciation for restored cars. Through his many posts, he showed that he was a first class gentleman and I'm sure those who were close to him feel like they have been robbed of something precious. Like myself, I'm sure many other members share the huge sense of loss and have shed a few tears over such a tragic event.

My condolences to his wife Nicki and the rest of his family and friends.

Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31