06/23/11 10:04 AM
06/23/11 10:04 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
One of the things that struck me while towing home is the fact that about 75 percent of those on the road should lose their driver's license, or maybe got their license in a Cracker Jack box. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.

But, folks weaving in and out of traffic, passing on the right before you have a chance to get the truck and trailer over into the slow lane, and riding in the passing lane just drive me crazy. When pulling a trailer it can be downright dangerous. And, usually, it's some yuppie wannabe in a Volkswagen, Mazda, or Acura "driving machine" doing this while talking on the cell.

Done venting.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: PRP MoPower - traffic jam on the PA turnpike [Re: Steve1118] #1016798
06/23/11 10:35 AM
06/23/11 10:35 AM
Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
VernMotor Offline
master
VernMotor  Offline
master

Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
Quote:

One of the things that struck me while towing home is the fact that about 75 percent of those on the road should lose their driver's license, or maybe got their license in a Cracker Jack box. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.

But, folks weaving in and out of traffic, passing on the right before you have a chance to get the truck and trailer over into the slow lane, and riding in the passing lane just drive me crazy. When pulling a trailer it can be downright dangerous. And, usually, it's some yuppie wannabe in a Volkswagen, Mazda, or Acura "driving machine" doing this while talking on the cell.

Done venting.

Yep your right !!

Re: PRP MoPower - traffic jam on the PA turnpike [Re: VernMotor] #1016799
06/24/11 04:18 AM
06/24/11 04:18 AM
Oh
H
His and Her 69's Offline
pro stock
His and Her 69's  Offline
pro stock
H

Oh
I have the same complaints as you about the drivers but Not Even the TRUCKERS these days will flash their lights for you to get over.
I have a 53' car trailer and it HELPS to know I can get back into the lane safely without just my mirrors. Most of the younger, I call them NEW Truckers don't have the road respect like the older Truckers do.
I Always flash any truck trailer combo when they pass me.
David

Re: PRP MoPower - traffic jam on the PA turnpike [Re: VernMotor] #1016800
06/24/11 07:55 AM
06/24/11 07:55 AM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Quote:

Quote:

Done venting.

Yep your right !!

Welcome to my world.

How many hours on that pump motor Jim?

Kevin

Page 2 of 2 1 2