the r/r for the accumulator & heater core went well as it only took me8hrs. yesterday and 4 1/2 hrs today. however, now the dash cluster seems screwed up. the gages [temp and gas only] don't work, and the odometer & shift indicator don't light up with the #'s that are 'spossed to be there....... i haven't driven the bus yet, but i; almost certain the speedo won't work either. also, the idiot lites for the door ajar, low fuel, etc. that are on the bottom of the cluster don't light. there is only one plug for the back of the cluster and it ony has 7 wires in it. they are as follows :bottom row : black[ground] m/t slot, red w/white tracer[12.47v key on only], purple[2.47v key on and off both], white w/black tracer[2.47v key on and off both] m/t slot, black[ground]
top row : orange[11.57v lites on only], m/t space, m/t space, m/t space, pink [12.52v key on & off both], m/t space.
it looks like i got power TO the cluster, but the cluster don't work. it worked fine before i tore it apart for the ac condenser & heater core r&r , so i know it was a good one. what am i missing ? how can i bench test the cluster ? the battery was disconected, and i didn't have to force any connections apart ; no corrosion either...... thanks in advance ! i need to keep what hair i got........