have a customer at work who wants some 17 to 20" foose wheels on his challenger, it's a 73 with no particular suspension or brake modifications from what I can tell besides the fact that the car was sway bar deleted at one point in time, likely due to it becoming a track only car for x duration of it's life... otherwise, seems stock with no signs of spring relocation etc.

looking to find the widest larger rim size that can fit the stock wheel wells in the back, as well as figure out what to do up front...

in the rear, I measured 6 1/2" from the outer drum surface where the rim mates with it, to the outer edge of the leaf spring, and 6 1/4" from the same point, outward to the inner most area of the wheel lip...

this guy is also looking to get an aftermarket brake set up to compliment the retro modern look of the new wheels, as well as to gain the more solid braking comfort and safety of a big brake upgrade...any help in this department would be greatly appreciated.... espescially since my son has a 74 challenger that we'll be transfering much of what we learn from on this challenger toward his...thanx

wheel sizing being the most urgent concern as whom'ever was drag racing this car before this guy got it, put centerlines on it with longer wheel studs to meet the rules, and simply chopped the heads off the old school shaft style wheel nuts in orger to accomodate the longer studs...as well, the wheel nut shaft section that passes through the rim seem to have been too long for the with of the centerlines, and it appears that they chopped them on that end too; however, atleast 2-3 wheel nuts on each wheel, bottom out on the hub before gripping the rim, so the car can't be driven until we deal with the wheels.... thanx in advance