Heres the trick. Take a long strand of solid copper wire. some small stuff like .015" to .020" dia. Like telephone wire. Sure Radio Shack would have something like this.

THEN cut 2 pieces about 8" or so long. Stick one in each of the idle air bleeds (1 in the picture). See how it runs. I had to stick 2 wires in each of mine and the bog was GONE - verified with an LM1 air fuel ratio meter and an O2 sensor in my headers.

The reason for 8+" long is so you can loop most of it over the air hoorn (only about 1/2" or so will go into the bleed)and either tape down or sandwich between the carb body and air cleaner to hold it in place like I did.

So may people play with pump shot, squiter hole, vac spring, etc and thats NOT the problem. these things are TOO LEAN from the factory. After my run in with these low end carbs that you can only replace the main jets I will ONLY buy a carb that you can replace everything. But you need the right tools like an a/f ratio meter to see whats happening. Checking the plug color or seat of the pants in just not good enough.

6626912-avneger_idle.jpg (770 downloads)