I just read about these in another thread, then went to the Hughes site and read some more. Sounds like someone was trying to solve as many ov the usual stock/unrebuilt big block issues as possible with one cam. Do they really work as well as advertised? No need for cut guides, more cylinder pressure, cool sound, reasonable powerband for the stock heads, etc.

I also noticed that there is one for the lowdeck and one for the RB... difference being duration numbers (229/242 @ 50 vs 232/245 for the RB cam). Any reason why the bigger cam wouldn't work as well in the smaller engine?

I have an unmolested low-mile 73 400 on the stand i had all but abandoned. Heads are off, cam is out. I was gonna put it in my Challenger for now (light 4-speed car), but the CR in the 7's really bothers me and i hadn't been able to decide on a cam to help fix its little problem. There is NO money for a rebuild. I have some cleaned up/ported 516's to put on it, a few intakes to try, and now this cam... well, the combo could actually be pretty decent.

Sound like a plan? My first choice was to find a nice running original 68-69 383-4bbl engine and dump it in, but suddenly now that i need one, these things are as rare as cheap hemis...