I'm trying to cheap out on a motor for my 73 Roadrunner. I'm not trying to build a monster horsepower motor the car is just going to be a cruiser . I have a 77 Motor home 440 that has 48,000 miles on it that I opened up. The motor is super clean inside and seams to have been well taken car of. I can't feel a ridge at the top of the cylinders. The questions I have are;

1. The cylinders got water in them most likely from when I cleaned the outside of the motor. A couple cylinders have what looks like calcium ( water spots ) on them I can feel a bump when I run my fingers across them. Should I tear the motor the rest of the way down and hone the cylinders ?

2. should I tear the motor down hone the cylinders and do a rings bearings gaskets rebuild on it ?

3. The heads on the motor are 452's with peanut plugs and the heads are super clean. Should I leave them alone and re-use them and are they good heads ?

4. The motor had steel shim head gaskets on it. My pistons are .150 in the hole if I use a composite head gasket how much will it change my compression ?

5. With My pistons .150 in the hole and using a 452 head what will my compression be ?

6. Can anybody recommend a cam for this motor the way it is that will work good with these parts ? Edelbroch Torker 440 intake a Holley 800 DP carb auto trans with 2,000 stall and 3:55 gears and probably a set of headers (if I don't have to completely rebuild this motor) ?