Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just pulled apart a RB RV motor ....and the crown on the lifters could not be BESTer. I plan on using them on the new cam.

We need a smiley rollin' some dice for this one.

OK guys ... just at the face of the lifter and see if there is any diff from a new one. Lifters should never wear-out.

The motor I speak of ....I compared those lifters to brand-new-ones ..... no diff in the crown.

With the crap-shoot with new(since 2000 or so) "soft" lifters(that have been reported on this site) ....I think that THAT is more of a crap-shoot than using old ones.

You can take chances if you want to for your engines, but I use new lifters with new cams. Unless, I use the same lifters with the corrosponding cam (with the SAME locations on the lobes as was in the donor motor), I would never mix old lifters with new cams. New lifters with old cams (provided the cam wear is minimal) is okay. It's all about the lifter's wear pattern with the cam used. AND contrary to popular belief, lifters DO wear out!! Roller lifters have the highest tolerance to wear, unless
abnormal spring pressures or low luburication situations arise, which can wear out ALL types of lifters.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)