When cars started using Power Distribution Centers under the hood the very large fuse looking links replaced the fuse links on the cars. You might find a fuse link in certain circuit on a new car but I cant think of any. The ones I mean are the ones under the hood in the PDC that look like a giant plastic 2" fuse and many of them bolt in with eyelets on both ends but some are push in. When I put my battery in the trunk I made a few changes and use 2 of the PDC type fuse links and I have never had one blow out. I use a 60 at the alt and a 80 at the battery. When I put my battery in my trunk I did not want the battery cable hot unless the car was cranking as I run it under the carpet. So I used a Ford type solenoid in the trunk to keep the battery cable dead other then starting and I ran a 10 gauge wire from the battery to the factory starter relay where the car picks up all the hot battery feeds. I put the bolt in 80 amp fuse link right at the battery cable. Like I said I have never had any trouble with this setup at all. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 05/03/11 03:00 AM.