Quote:

I'd like to get up and running with what I've got. I can't find a source for the headpipes with the flanges in the earlier magnum sizes. If I could find 'em, I would weld it up myself.

I've been to two shops and they don't like the idea of using larger headpipes. Sayin' something about burning up the cat, not enough room for the pipe size or to make the bends before the cat.

As far as the cat goes, guys run headers to the stock headpipe and cat all day long.

I was in hopes that someone on here had done this before and had some ideas. There is a lot of talk about the early manifolds being better, but I have found out that they don't bolt right in.

Is the bolt spacing even the same? It's mickey mouse at it finest if you can do it , but once again ... What's the point ? Hi flowing manifold connected to a smaller restrictive headpipe.

My opinion you are wasting your time, if anything it may run worse Think about how much you are screwing up the exh flow by funneling that 2. whatever size it is down to 1.75, it would be one thing if it were a gradual cone down in size but that is not what you are attempting to do. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Have you tried to find the Y pipe for the Dak those would have been on ?