Quote:

Well, you guys might laugh but I've been re-searching this stuff lately and I found on a "Rat Rod" web site that alot of people were complaining about the price of the Dynamat and Fat Mat and the others. One guy said he went to Lowe's and bought what they call "PEAL AND SEAL". Its used for house roof's and has the foil back on it just like the others. A roll is 4in's X 25ft and is $16.00! Its Super sticky and is about .035 thick. Im going to try it and see if it works.

Plus, they had a roll of foil "bubble wrap" stuff too. Its used in Air Cond. & heat runs to help insulate. Im going to use that under the carpet too.

Figured this was all worth a try. I had something like $50.00 into two rolls of peal and seal and the bubble wrap stuff.

I;ll let you guys know and take some pic's when I get a chance to install it.

A lot of the guys in my area have used the Lowes foil faced bubble insulation including me. Sealed the gaps with foil tape made for household heating duct. Total cost was $26. I am not going to use it on the hood though.
Craig

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado