Yeah, Its springtime again. Some of us are probably washing off the dust to make our cars ready for the local shows and races. I just got back from a 900 mile round trip from Sacramento to LA for the Spring Fling. I used 6 tanks of gas and even with the tank full enough to be within 6 inches of the Chargers filler cap, the guage never read over 3/4. With 9 gallons in the tank, it reads 1/4. I still have 4 gallons when it reads empty. Its always off by at least 1/4 tank, but at least it is consistant on each tankful.
My electrical testing skills are pretty limited. I remember that in previous posts about testing sending units, some have written that the rheostat (?) should show a certain reading at FULL and another at EMPTY. That makes sense, but what if I have a unit that spec's out different than the prescribed numbers? How is it corrected? I tried bending the float lever and it still reads the same. I'm considering taking a good used 5/16" sender and converting it to 3/8" since none of the aftermarket senders seem to be much better than mine. Any comments?