Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As far as what to take to the dyno, everything! Tools, Spare valvetrain, plugs, gasket sealer, sparkplug wires, plugs, nuts, bolts,wiring,gasket material and sealer,carb linkage , spare crank trigger stuff, whatever you could possibly use in hook up,tuning or repairs you can do with it bolted to the dyno. Vacuum fittings in the intake? (they should have a gauge and readout.)You will find all sorts of things wrong at times. I found problems with sealing the motor up for the vacuum pump. I needed spare plugs to read for tuning. Found a pan leak. My motor plate was pushing against the shutoff valve on my injector, causing a leak. No dyno session, may have burned the car to the ground. Found a vacuum leak in the intake system. I needed thirty quarts of oil and three filters. Milked the oil once, did an ABA test with synthetic.
Questions for the dyno guy; whose ignition will we use? will my headers fit your setup? Look at the dyno hookups to make sure everything you have will fit. My headers wouldn't. Have the motor ready to fire (save for headers) to save time. Have a tuning plan, talk to the dyno guy first. Don't forget to ask the dyno guy what you should bring also. Oil pressure hookup? May be redundant, but something may have been overlooked. Looking forward to a great dyno report!

thx for the pointers... I do plan on doing the NGK vs autolite plug pull scenario

I am really interested in the plug test!

Ngk R5671A-7 vs which autolite would you like to see?

down to lifters and pushrods......

I would think a side gap, extended tip if Autolite makes one, otherwise sidegap?

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky