I have a stock 88-4v 360 headed 318 roller block,came with flat tappet

I got a 1990 core pre-mag tbi 318 for the roller lifters and hardware

swaped in a lunati 60710 voodoo roller cam
258/264
207/213
.485/.485

with stock push rods/rockers/roller lifters/spider/retaner

used comp 901-16 springs with stock retainers,locks,valve seals

this was back in 07,still running strong,good daily driver performance gain,picked up mpgs

thats a mild cam

FYI..early stock roller lifter are not oil thru and use a solid PR,later roller lifters are oil thru with hollow rods oiling the rockers along with the old LA style oiling to the rockers thru the block/heads

the 90' core engine oiled both ways,mine oils both ways with no problems

magnum use the same oil thru roller lifters/defferent PR length and rocker

with the pre mag engine you have the long & short nose cams also,short = no mech fuel pump

and magnum cams are not drilled to oil the old LA style to rockers

not sure the push rod oiling to the shaft mount rockers will cut it

well worth the $,effort IMHO

any oil works,no cam break in to worry about,performance gains,less friction for better mpgs

with the spring rates and lifts as mentioned,the lunati SB cams recomend their double with a damper,that needs machine work

comp 901-16 are drop ons within 10# of the spring specs of the lunati springs

I have run 3 of the lunati sb cams with the comp 901s..all were .485 lift,all had stock valve gear and PRs,spun all of them past 6200 and no valve float on the roller cam

ran the bracket master 292/292 .485/.485 slider with all stock valve gear also

had around 250,000 miles on it when I swaped,now has over 300,000 miles on those same USED stock rockers,drivin daily

I say stock works with a mild cam

anything more than that..its whats in your wallet,way more agressive roller cams out there to pick from and need way more than stock hardware

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 04/12/11 10:02 PM.