Quote:

Search for the "Tuning resuts with an O2 kit" thread, or a very similar title. I talked about one possibility in great detail with DaveNC.

If at cruise your throttle plates are barely open and in the transition slot area, and you have an engine with low idle vacuum/high cruise vacuum, you're seeing the common result.

Assuming that's true:

Use the smallest Idle Feed Restrictiors you can get away with.

Try lowering the primary float level below that of the top emulsion bleed. You'll need to take te front float bowl and metering block off and observe where the sight plug is in relation to the top e-bleed.

How many emulsion bleeds do you have in each side of your primary metering block?

Transition slot restrictors as a last resort.

If I misread the conditions under which the rich condition occurs, shout back.

J

This is exactly correct i due have high cruise vacuum about 15 hg and about 6 to 7 hg of idle vac .
The motor has a mild solid roller 250 260 w/ 630 lift .
i have the floats set to the lowest point on the glass that i can just see the fuel level if that makes sense .

I have also tried to enlarge the high speed Air Bleed jet before to delay the main circuit but gave up on that because it never helped that much .this only helped slow speed porpoising when the throttle closed . the car does have a hemi 4 speed .

In the main block i think it has a total of five ports for emulsion
and there are set from the factory like this.
lowest jet/ plug /mid jet/plug/top jet .
I don't remember the size of them though .
The IFR is a 31 i was going to try a 28.
Does this sound correct?

1969 Dodge Charger 1969 Dodge Superbee