Quote:

Hey Darius, this is Mike A. here. I'm up at Danans place for the weekend. I have to say real muscle car guys don't run radios in true muscle cars. The sound of the engine should be music enough!

Normally the car sound is fine but 400 miles to Spring Fling I'm gonna want some tuneage!

I hooked the whole thing up, took most of the day Sat and all day today (8am-just now) and it won't power up. What I did was take the lead off the radio because I won't be using that anymore and use that as a power source. The "brain box" for the satellite had a yellow line out of it that said "battery" on it but it went directly into the din plug in the back of the head unit. There was a splice on it but I was thinking it was the power to the 6 disc changer I had in the truck I took this system out of. Since I am not using the changer I thought I didn't need to run to any other power source. I did NOT hook up the lights (orange line to radio) to the head unit. Would that cause the whole thing to not power up??
I grounded the head unit to the dash frame and the "brain box" to the package tray (mounted in trunk).
I am no good at auto electric and it just showed. Pisses me off too because I can wire a house blindfolded, 3 way, 4way switches, 220, you name it.

Driving modern convenience in classic beauty