Quote:

Quote:

Mine was original sheet metal so fit problems were not a concern. Painted apart, hang and set doors correctly, hang and fit fenders to doors, install valences and header panel to fenders, fit hood and adjust as necessary, hang trunk lid. Everything fit perfectly, and seams and gaps are beautiful. Just my experience on this serious of paint work.

Painting a metallic with panels off is a crapshoot and best avoided. While some get away with with it, many do not. Opaque colors can be done that way but even then the painter is wise to make sure the SAME paint (I.E. can/batch) is used, on the same day, same number of coats etc.

Metallics should be painted as a complete car. Candies are the hardest--you're litterally dealing with transparent paint. I learned that in the 7th grade painting a candy-apple red 10 speed.
My gold 71 was done like that, You know what? After I put that baby loving together, I started to notice every panel was a little different color ... After a bout a year it got worse!!!!

luckly my painter disassembled alot of my car and repainted the whole thing. At his cost every penny. He did'nt want any paint lines anywhere the first time but the metalic color gold bite him in the rear , but he made it right. It still sucked having to repaint the car a second time after a complete resto. My