Quote:

Thanks for the recommendation for BPE...will definitely consider their kits.

Quote:

Quote:

and with that small of a cam you are not gonna turn enough RPM to have any accelerated wear issues. It should do a very good impression of a cummins

hehe Yeah, I would definitely look into some more cam.
The extra stroke will be wasted without more duration.

The plan is in the future to go ahead with a bigger cam, but not too worried about the one going in there...first reason is the head flow and port volume are huge, so even with a small cam, it should make pretty decent power.

Secondly, hyd roller cams don't quite compare directly to flat tappet cams...for a given duration @ .050 might be the same, the head flows little to nothing at .050. However, compare the duration at points that the heads are flowing real cfm, such as .200, .300, and .400....as well as the .500 duration numbers, you'll see a decided edge for the roller cam. And again, that was assuming the same duration at .050 numbers. That's not to say I've got a big cam...it's still smaller than I'd otherwise really want.

But case in point...the LS7 out of a Z06 'vette? 427ci with a slight flow advantage (330cfm vs 310cfm) over my engine and revs up to 7,000 rpm w/ peak HP at 505hp. What are it's cam specs? A measely 211/230 @ .050 w/ 116 LSA. Again, not saying I'm building an engine comparable to an LS7...

I'd like to swap to a hyd roller from huges...236/242 with similarly narrow LSA. We'll see...not too worried either way

thanks for the input though....

310 CFM? Who the heck did your port work?

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!