From talking to a supervisor from the hamtramck plant who also worked on the assembly line during the run of the AAR's and T/A's he said the rolled lip fenders were made with a special jig designed by Creative Industries. This was one job on the assembly line that if someone had called off work and someone was needed to cover a more important job that person was pulled and fenders didn't get done. Even though the fender tag are stamped hemi fender not all hemi cars had them..just like not all AAR's and T/A's had them... In fact i've seen quite a few original cars that have one fender with a rolled lip and one with out. My AAR was a 47,000 original mile car and the fenders didn't have the rolled lip. I see you reference the parts books.. Please keep in mind not everything they put in those books is or was gospel. There's far too much stuff in those books that's incorrect and or misleading. I always like to use the many 71 Hemi carbs they list. We can quote the book on many many things but I like to use the book(s) along with true original 1 owner cars that are almost completely untouched to judge how and what these cars left the factory with. Almost completely means aside from belts and hoses and possibly tires everything else is as it was when it left factory.

Home of the AAR Registry
www.transamcuda.com