I have a bone stock 400 engine from a 78 Charger that I want to drop into my 69 Chrysler until I rebuild the original engine. It has one of those giant 100 amp alternators on it. It has four wires: a giant ground that attaches to the intake manifold, an equally giant wire that is cut off which I think is the battery wire, and two smaller wires that were also cut off that were on a plug that attaches to twin blade connectors on the alternator.

How would I wire this into my electrical system? I already bypassed my ammeter following the instructions from MAD electrical (here's the link:
http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml). So I guess I could run the giant battery wire to the post on the starter relay. I don't know what to do with the other two wires.

I searched the tech archives and didn't come up with anything, and I will dive into the wiring diagrams if I have to, but I just wanted to see if anybody else had already done this.

Also, if it helps, the ignition is already converted to electronic, and I replaced the voltage regulator with a transistorized stock replacement, no rewiring necessary.

69 Chrysler 300 Convertible 77 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 2-dr 03 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited