Quote:

Steve , I have an A body chrome sport mirror on my 69 bee , the vent window hits it when I open it. So unless the the mirror location is moved on a B body in 70 with the sport mirrors it has to have a slightly different base ... so I was told ????

I don't know for sure down to the part numbers, but I don't think there was a special 70 B-body base. The angle of the door is the same for A and B-body. I would think they moved the mirror fore or aft to not hit the vent window. But I doubt it, read on...

I have a factory installed round passenger mirror in my 68 Barracuda original doors and it hits and the vent window. Can't see out of it to save your life. Many other A-body owners say the same thing. Not a lot of thought put into that one by Mopar That's why I wouldn't put it past Mopar if the all the 70 B's with the sport mirror hit the vent window. Anyone with a factory 70 B-body sport mirror car. Dayclona or the guy with the 70 440-6 Charger vert might know.

Here's a pic of an A and B body round passenger mirror with base taken off of it.

4581260-05SDswap0021.JPG (277 downloads)
Last edited by autoxcuda; 07/28/08 02:40 PM.